The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I was also a big fan of Ciampa slyly glaring at Adam Cole at the end of the show when the NXT guys were all celebrating together. That's the best bit of subtle story-telling in WWE in ages. They must've been watching MJF recently.

Thank you for pointing this out! I didn't spot that at all but I'm really pleased Ciampa did that. Watching the highlights on YouTube I was worried it's going to end up in a situation of "we hate each other on Wednesdays, but the rest of the time we're all mates NXT NXT until next Wednesday when we'll hate each other again". Hopefully they can avoid that. Raw and SmackDown guys forgetting for one month of the year is bad enough, but if NXT were all friends AND enemies at the same time, that'd be too much.

It's a small thing but enough to annoy me, I think everybody from the nxt roster used some sort of step-up/flying knee, Cole did, riddle did, basler did..... Did tegan nox hit the shiniest wizard??? Not a huge thing but if you're champs going over Daniel Bryan (who uses a flying knee) maybe that's the only match that should have them???? 

WWE usually hit it out the park when plans go to shit so this was a must watch week. Thought Smackdown was as boring and sterile as ever tbh. The commentary is insufferable. By now I think I'm so jaded that Riddle, Keith Lee and Bianca looking like stars that belong does nothing cos I know it'll come to nothing.

Even with the NXT lick of paint, I despise the contrived battle for 'brand supremacy' that forms the annual clusterfuck that is Survivor Series. I just can't sink my teeth into it. Shayna jumping two heels to confused silence because she happens to be team yellow shirt for the PPV and Lee and Riddle pissing about with a jobber were about the most anti-climatic debuts ever.

Props to Bryan for grounding Adam Cole and getting a good match without his usual silly bollocks. Probably Bryan's best performance since that night he made Kofi Kingston look like a main eventer 

Sadly, the HHH/Daniel Bryan stare down was the most buzzing thing all night. For me, Bryan's stock has dropped massively since the soft 'face turn' but five years later and this still feels like the biggest feud they could do now (outside of maybe Ronda/Becky). Two guys that can deliver the promos, angles and matches to get over a proper top level feud, something the likes of Rollins, Roman and Wyatt will forever struggle with. 

I'm excited for Rey vs Brock though. Hope Mysterio gets a bit more time than Kofi did!

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Is Lesnar "quitting" the solution to the world title situation? Odd given Fox wanted the big stars. Maybe just short term to get him on both shows.

But short term, everyone can be on both shows anyway. And after Survivor Series, he'll be off for a couple of months anyway.

21 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Early reports seem to indicate 2.5 million viewers which an almost 200% increase from last week... which, if true, is pretty damn impressive to be fair.

????? They started with 4 million just 4 weeks ago. 

19 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yes... and they got 888,000 last week.... so to rebound as much as they have is pretty impressive.

Not that impressive. The only people that should be praising them for rebounding are the ones who treated last week's figures like the sky was falling.

Edited by King Pitcos

Still interesting to see how this affects WWE’s stock price on Monday.

Why don’t we have a WWE stock analysis topic btw?

We probably understand more about the ‘WWE Universe’ than the ‘average Joe’ Wallstreet ‘investor. We are leaving money on the table.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Why don’t we have a WWE stock analysis topic btw?

We probably understand more about the ‘WWE Universe’ than the ‘average Joe’ Wallstreet ‘investor. We are leaving money on the table.

What the bloody hell are you talking about, honestly.