The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I'm actually surprised that half of those Smackdown numbers watched the follow up Smackdown Backstage afterwards. 

Also does anyone know whether it counts recorded shows? Some may have recorded and watched over the weekend? 

No, all numbers are for the first airing live.

Aiden English getting Pulled from commentary 20 minutes into the show after calling Shayna Baszler the queen of hearts was nearly as hilarious as Carmella sandbagging the Bianca Belair beat down.

Fun Show, really enjoyed it.  Hopefully some more of this on Monday to build towards Survivor Series and not just a one off. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Is Lesnar "quitting" the solution to the world title situation? Odd given Fox wanted the big stars. Maybe just short term to get him on both shows. Of only there was a logical solution to that?

Interesting show. They would never have done an NXT invasion this well under other circumstances so small mercies and all that. Surely Trips wrote this?

7 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

i found that to be a Very enjoyable episode of smackdown, great to see the likes of Tegan Nox and Rhea Ripley on TV, as well as Adam Cole. its probably a blessing in disguise that they announced the NXT involvement in the Survivor series show the day before so they could still make a tv show that made sense. 

Aside from Lesnar and Heyman, i am pretty sure no one else made it back from crown jewel? 

This is a billion dollar, publicly traded company. They have ‘disaster’ plans.

If the flight was 14 hours and the show in 17, I’m sure they had thought about ‘Plan B’ for in case they don’t make it on time.

I like to think that last night, they simply executed ‘Plan B’. 

Sensationalist Dave Meltzer is the greatest worker in the business.

• Paid Members

Great episode. The travel situation played right into the Survivor Series theme for this year. All the NXT lot had strong showings. I'd have had Bryan win the title though, that would have been a tremendous shock ending to the show that would have given fans a real reason to tune into next week's NXT show and would have set up a very solid match for the Survivor Series card with a rematch. 

• Paid Members

Best episode of Smackdown in years. That travel situation was the best thing that ever could've happened. This felt like that super exciting bit at the start of the Invasion angle before it all turned to shit. For whatever reason, NXT invading had all the magic that Raw vs. Smackdown has never had. Completely agree that Bryan should've won the Title though, If only for a week or two before they hyped the rematch where it was switched back, it would've helped pop a huge rating for NXT on USA.