The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Until Brock turns up, this is 30 seconds of the most appalling, embarrassing, campy shit you'll see with nursery school nativity level acting and the least convincing medic in history. 

Then Lesnar walks in, smacks them with a dustbin, hits an amazing F5 into the wall and then honest to fuck F5s Cain onto Dominic and it's so brilliant and utterly hilarious. 

Brock's the face, right?

• Paid Members

The doctor was awful, like he didn’t have a clue what to do so just did the old ‘where does it hurt?’ line. 

Cain needs to move away from Mysterio if he actually wants to make a career of this, otherwise he will be dancing around with a hat on his head like a 2019 Kurgan within 4 months.

• Paid Members

Brock attacking the hospital after assaulting Rey's son earlier was awesome, it was like the Terminator.

I liked Shorty G's attire (except the arm things), I preferred him with a singlet, long hair and a headband but this is better than short hair and trunks. He's a plucky babyface with a stupid name who's aimed at kids so they might as well go all in on it, at least he stands out.

I love Baron Corbin, I'm glad they persevered through his go away heat phase. He was great in that segment with the Rock and when he faced up to Hogan for a sec I was wishing they could have a match. 

Honestly I'm torn with the Shorty G thing.

I've wanted him to get a push for ages so I'm glad he's actually getting used now, even if it's fucking ridiculous.

Will it turn into something better? Hopefully.

Even though he appealed to the NXT crowd, he never really had a chance on the main roster as a singles guy. I never really felt like the crowds got behind him, although that's probably because they were never given anything to get behind.

He wouldn't be the first guy to make it through a shitty gimmick and come out the other end as a star. I'm really hoping this is one of those situations.

The name and gimmick is one that’s always going to rile up the Internet when given to someone with loads of internet points, but it’s got plenty of potential to work - the death of it will be when Vince gets bored of it and Gable goes back to where he was before King of the Ring.

Aye, it will go the same way as Andrade's push, Rusev's push, Ali's push etc. Will fizzle out after a few weeks and normal service will resume. Cole on commentary will still make the odd nod to how the gimmick was formed, but nothing will be heard from Gable himself.

Edited by DCW

They must've known the numbers were going to take a knock, but that's a 63% drop of viewers that simply haven't followed them from one FOX station to the other. I don't know how heavily they promoted the different station, but that's a really morbid statistic however you try and spin it.

But remember lads - marathon, not a sprint!

It’s not really the number that’s bad. It’s that so many people didn’t care enough about the show to watch it on another channel or research why it wasn’t on the channel they thought it would be. It just shows the audience doesn’t give a fuck anymore and mostly watch just because it’s there.