The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Definitely some positives coming out of the show. With a few tweaks and additions, this format is probably a decent template for the next few weeks of TV until crowds are allowed to gather again. If anything it might force them to dive a little deeper into character profiles, allow for more engaging interviews to take place, etc. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

HHH on commentary was a joy. Worth watching for that alone.

Yep. There are two things I want from this company right now. Firstly, a WWE 24 Documentary following Vince losing his mind at the prospect of cancelling Wrestlemania. And more importantly, a new Network option where I can switch the commentary track on every show to a grumpy, sarcastic Triple H in Gorilla just slagging everyone off.

I pretty much downloaded it as soon as I heard Triple H was on commentary. That's a presence and personality you just want to hear from. It's why he's the man, and I'll always welcome his yearly My Big WrestleMania Match. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Weird show, but interesting to see how they went about the in-ring business by seemingly telling the women to keep the noise/chatter level up constantly to cover anything that shouldn't be being overheard (and taking the opportunity to chat about what was coming next during the ad break).

Then they sent 2 "solid experienced hands" out in Bryan & Cesaro who work a style that I'd imagine requires minimal talk anyway, but still had 2 blokes on the outside making a bit of noise & Zayn never shutting up on commentary.

Similar with adding Elias to commentary on Hardy-Corbin, chucking in a bit of guitar playing and keeping it short - I'd guess that match was pretty much totally laid out in advance.

Given the lack of crowd, I think at least one of the interview segments could have occurred somewhere other than the ring for variety - the Reigns one could have been done in an office (I assume Trips has a leather sofas kind of office in the PC?), Miz & Morrison could have had the director's chairs set up on the stage with the old Dirt Sheet backdrop on the screen behind them, whilst still being able to do the same "oh, no-one booing us now eh?" content.

And yeah, between the content of the promos on this show & Styles' on Raw, it's starting to look like they're building to RussoMania.

Gronk is totally laying Mojo out next week then squashing him in 30 seconds at Mania, right? Assuming "next week" or "Mania" ever happens, of course.

• Paid Members

Think a lot more will go into Raw and the coming shows in terms of changing up settings etc as they'll have much more time to prepare, possibly shooting additional vignettes etc or planning alternative locations for the things you mentioned like different areas of the stages, offices backstage etc. Because of the travel logistics and the late call to relocate it they probably couldn't do as much of that for this one (they're also possibly sprucing the place up again after the mental Gargano/Ciampa brawl on Wednesday). I definitely think they need to relocate stuff like the Taker/Styles contract signing - Undertaker doing his normal entrance etc in front of empty seats will look a bit dafty. 

They should keep HHH on commentary for this entire PC run. On both shows. He's the daddy. 

• Paid Members

There doesn't seem any point whatsoever broadcasting it live and working round ad breaks now. Once they've make a decision about WrestleMania, they might as well just tape a month's worth of show over a few days (with no fans to leak spoilers) and send everyone home to be with their families.

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I noticed in the WrestleMania match graphics last night they didn’t put a date on them, but did they do that before?

I said to my mate

They continued to Advertise and Book for Mania but they seemed to go out of there way to not mention a date or even a City for it 

Considering they usually Bombard us every 5 mins with where and when the show will be so think that was quite telling

Edited by MVP RULZ

20 minutes ago, JNLister said:

There doesn't seem any point whatsoever broadcasting it live and working round ad breaks now. Once they've make a decision about WrestleMania, they might as well just tape a month's worth of show over a few days (with no fans to leak spoilers) and send everyone home to be with their families.

WWE Powerrr!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JNLister said:

My dream scenario is they have to flat out cancel everything up until Mania, but Mania goes ahead. It'd feel fresh & exciting, and they only fuck the builds up the longer they go anyway.

I realise this won't happen.