The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Where's Braun though, has he just gone "sound, best man won" and is moving on to something else?

It's Wrestlemania season, so I believe he's contractually obligated to be a total afterthought despite having been pushed reasonably heavily for 10 months of the year.

1 hour ago, Statto said:

It's Wrestlemania season, so I believe he's contractually obligated to be a total afterthought despite having been pushed reasonably heavily for 10 months of the year.

I think he's too busy making a twonk of himself on Twitter at the moment.

Nothing on the show this week indicated any of the reported changes to the WrestleMania card, then. I wonder why they're leaving it til next week.  

This was maybe my favourite of the empty arena shows yet, though I skipped through the WrestleMania 32 replay. I liked Triple H's little breakdown of Reigns vs Goldberg, I wish we got that kind of thing more in the build-up to big matches.

I'm always up for Usos and New Day, especially with Miz and Morrison on commentary. My main bugbear with SmackDown is that Miz and Morrison's entrance is rubbish - they've been back together about two months now, and the slo-mo bit still looks poorly synchronised. 

Firefly Funhouse Match! I'm excited for it and hoping it's better than the House of Horrors.

6 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Even an empty arena would boo the shit out of that. 

It would be like the Clap for the NHS thing from a few days ago except for wrestling fans opening their front doors and booing Corbin like the crowd booed Rey Mysterio coming out at number 30.

• Paid Members

Doing these empty arena shows will forever feel like a bad idea both in the risks being taken and the mostly bad programming it creates, but you can always rely on Big Match John to elevate whatever shit he’s got to deal with.

That Cena promo and camera trickery with Bray was easily the best thing they’ve done at the Performance Centre. Hopefully it’s a taste of things to come and they go batshit crazy with the concept at Mania, having Cena fighting both characters at the same time in the Fun House. Get Drake Maverick and Jeremy Borash in to produce a big bunch of fun nonsense. Hell, chuck a Husky Harris cameo in there.

Ultimately though, I just felt sad that a rare John Cena match was happening in these circumstances. He’s so fucking good it’s a real tragedy he isn’t in front of thousands of people. Have we gone full circle with John? Surely no prick is booing him these days? He’s the best.