Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

Might be risking a beating from Punkstep here but I think this is newsworthy enough to be mentioned. Saigon Pro Wrestling Club have decided to do a show in Ho Chi Minh City next month which I would guess is currently going to be one of if not the first pro-wrestling shows since the world went into lock down.

That said i'd hardly call it a wrestling show considering they wrestle on a mat, have very little training and genuinely terrify me when I see clips as it looks like someone is going to break their neck on even the smallest move. To add to the wrestlecrap it's being advertised as a joint wrestling show/ birthday party with one of the "wrestlers" very underage looking girlfriend who does ring announcing. 

???

WWE and AEW have been running shows throughout lockdown

• Paid Members

Jumped on the band wagon and made a Wrestling Pub Quiz if anyone's interested. Feel free to give it a go yourself or zoom with your mates, the top score I've heard someone get is 29 so far.

38 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Jumped on the band wagon and made a Wrestling Pub Quiz if anyone's interested. Feel free to give it a go yourself or zoom with your mates, the top score I've heard someone get is 29 so far.

Thanks for sharing. That was a fun way to kill half an hour, even if I did only manage 24!

1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

I got 29.5- gave myself a half point for knowing Koko B. Ware was in the opening match of Raw, but couldn't remember who he faced. I completely bombed in R3, got 2/8 there! Great work! Fun way to wake up my brain while I was having my morning coffee.

Da Meltz is apparently suggesting that there was no testing for CV19 at all at the last set of WWE tapings.

So it’s entirely possible one super spreader will knock a chunk of the roster out of action.

Madness.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Loki said:

Da Meltz is apparently suggesting that there was no testing for CV19 at all at the last set of WWE tapings.

So it’s entirely possible one super spreader will knock a chunk of the roster out of action.

Madness.

They're doing temperature testing, but not proper covid tests, apparently

What's crazy is that I'm sure on the opening moments of Raw they said the trainee crowd had all been tested. It feels there should have been a big disclaimer at the bottom saying 'All testing has been half-arsed'.

• Awards Moderator

Wasn’t sure where to put this - it certainly isn’t Top Twitter.

Which has been replied to by others on the roster:

God help the person who has to point these out to McMahon.

What a fucking berk.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

Knowing Vince & Linda's friendship & working relationship with Trump, I have wondered in the past what would happen if things got to a point where WWE Superstars were publicly critisizing him.

Whether that would affect their WWE status or bring about Vince actually saying something on TV about the ongoing situation.

Seems like we could find out sooner rather than later.

Can you imagine if Vince (or Michael Cole on his behalf) says something on Monday Night Raw along the lines of what Ryker tweeted last night. That would surely start a huge backlash against WWE.

• Paid Members

I've pointed out before how ridiculous it is that they have this situation on social media where the "entertainers" are not in character, except when they sometimes are, and they are WWE accounts that they promote on TV that more often than not go against the characters they play on TV. I only meant from a story telling POV. This is a proper shitshow with consequences for the people involved in their career. They should all have personal social accounts, views are not of my employer, blah, blah.

• Paid Members

I mean, let's dunk on Jaxson as much as we can, but when you've got a WWE sanctioned documentary about the Undertaker where he is wearing a Blue Lives Matter t-shirt, and you have Vince McMahon best mates with old Donald J, it's a bit hollow.