Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

In a shockingly similar series of events UK wrestler C J Banks has been posting a series of bizarre rants on his Twitter feed over the past week which culminated in him posting 'Fucking help a fella out here will ya. Otherwise I WILL top myself tonight. Im outta words' in the early hours of this morning.
NXT UK's James Drake posted that he went to see him and he has a friend staying the night with him to make sure he is okay.

Horrible times and I hope CJ is okay and gets any help and support he needs.

Maybe people at shows letting off steam by yelling "Cunt" at him got to him.

11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Actually I think it's the not being able to be at shows that has got to him.
Obviously there are other far larger issues at play here too but, from following the guy on Twitter these past few months it seems that he has been really missing performing at shows and has struggled to deal with not being able to go out in front of an audience that are yelling things at him and having that release that comes with being a wrestling heel [as he largely is these days].

Yeah you often hear similar for football players who retire and suffer with mental health issues when the spotlight isn’t there anymore. It’s a massive adjustment to make when entertaining people is something you love. 

24 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sadly, the kind of behaviour that added to the anguish that Hana Kimura undoubtedly faced. Hopefully those who think that abusing public figures on social media and in person will start to wake up to the fact that their actions have repercussions.

33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah you often hear similar for football players who retire and suffer with mental health issues when the spotlight isn’t there anymore. It’s a massive adjustment to make when entertaining people is something you love. 

It's routine as well I think.
If you have a routine it can help 'control' any mental health issues you may have. It acts as a safety net. Something safe and familiar.
If his routine was going to the gym, seeing his friends at shows, going out there and maybe being able to release some internal anger or frustration by going back and forth with the fans in a safe setting or whatever then suddenly having that taken away can be a big issue, especially if there is no other way of doing those things.
Hopefully everything will be okay. It sounds like he has a lot of very good people in his life who care about him and want to see him get better and that's always a good start.

4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Actually I think it's the not being able to be at shows that has got to him.
Obviously there are other far larger issues at play here too but, from following the guy on Twitter these past few months it seems that he has been really missing performing at shows and has struggled to deal with not being able to go out in front of an audience that are yelling things at him and having that release that comes with being a wrestling heel [as he largely is these days].

He has also mentioned about financial pressure due to his inability to perform. I have been lucky to see him perform on many occasions & would say he is possibly the most underrated wrestler in the UK. When WOS returned to TV it saddened me to see him in a role that did little more than portrait him pulling  angry faces at the camera with little in the way of in ring action.

Hopefully he will bounce back because he is very well respected amongst his peers & comes across as a good guy, with a real passion & knowledge for wrestling.

• Paid Members

Since today has been predominantly shit on the wrestling front, what about the rumblings that  the GoFundMe page set up in memory of Shad just hit its target after a 40k donation from someone using the pseudonym CTC RIP.

image.jpeg.f346b3af0f11bd4e121a7eee3ca548ab.jpeg

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, John Matrix said:

Since today has been predominantly shit on the wrestling front, what about the rumblings that  the GoFundMe page set up in memory of Shad just hit its target after a 40k donation from someone using the pseudonym CTC RIP.

Well JTG is a very generous man.

7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

That comes with having been in a privileged position in the first place. If there were any trickle-down effect, it'd be fine and dandy. Actually it wouldn't, because as per, we increasingly seem to require 'celebrity endorsements' or their input, to validate known societal issues, in this case mental health. Twenty seven bastard years, I've suffered with mine & badly for the past 18 of those, existing largely in 'lockdown' conditions. To that, you can add 3 bouts of Lymphoma in the space of 6 years (1 currently). No income for 2 years+ & zero help (except historically with Lymphoma). Never mentioned it before & hopefully never will again. I don't want sympathy, but an intelligent 'system' in place, not the utterly woeful shit, which I've openly ridiculed for years and now refuse to even participate in.

To 'play ball' more than anything else, I contacted a local mental health team on one occasion (2013). The 2 staff I spoke with both sounded like they were having breakdowns (just bizarre). Some days later, I furnished them with a multi-page document, already held by my G.P & the DWP, outlining all the problems I'd had from 'Day 1', including the specific reason I'd made contact with them. The barely even half-arsed reply I got, was 'how can we help'?...clearly you fucking can't, was my reaction to that. Never engaged with them again. I casually mentioned it to a GP at the local practice, who basically said they heard that sort of thing fairly frequently.

I also refused a home visit to assess me for benefits when I had Stage IV Lymphoma / receiving Chemo, so consequently got fuck all. Whoops! Clearly, I don't react well to scum.

20 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

If his routine was going to the gym, seeing his friends at shows, going out there and maybe being able to release some internal anger or frustration by going back and forth with the fans in a safe setting or whatever then suddenly having that taken away can be a big issue, especially if there is no other way of doing those things.

Nope, that's just you that does that.

5 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

At least Houchen was more subtle about it.  

That’s why he’s always in the running for various awards on here, he’s a nice guy and a top fella.

I’m not. Subtlety isn’t my thing.

Might be risking a beating from Punkstep here but I think this is newsworthy enough to be mentioned. Saigon Pro Wrestling Club have decided to do a show in Ho Chi Minh City next month which I would guess is currently going to be one of if not the first pro-wrestling shows with a paying audience since the world went into lock down.

That said i'd hardly call it a wrestling show considering they wrestle on a mat, have very little training and genuinely terrify me when I see clips as it looks like someone is going to break their neck on even the smallest move. To add to the wrestlecrap it's being advertised as a joint wrestling show/ birthday party with one of the "wrestlers" very underage looking girlfriend who does ring announcing. 

Edited by simonworden