Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

But if none of those are translating into money then its a bit of a moot point. How many people who watch the odd clip on youtube/twitter will go to house shows/tv tapings, spend on merchandise and watch routinely? Surely its relatively small numbers. 

They don't make big money because people are attending house shows anymore than they always have. They make money because they bring a different audience to USA through live content every week and they have a massive social reach that is attractive to TV companies and advertisers. 

Their traditional measures are down across the board and they are more profitable than ever. They know the value these days of their data. 

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

Mr Wrestling II Johnny Walker has passed away. Was a huge star in Georgia. Jimmy Carter connection is an interesting one too.

To everybody else: I googled it, it's nothing exciting.

(Carter invited him to his inauguration but the Secret Service insisted he go without his mask so he didn't go. The end) 

16 minutes ago, dopper said:

To everybody else: I googled it, it's nothing exciting.

(Carter invited him to his inauguration but the Secret Service insisted he go without his mask so he didn't go. The end) 

Bloody hell mate lighten up.

7 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Bloody hell mate lighten up.

Holding my hands up, that's fair.

I took a break from arguing with a work colleague who claimed "The black people are going a bit overboard still protesting" to visit the UKFF and that miserable retort was my contribution. Sorry lads.

I have watched a fair bit of 1984 Mid-South this year and at that stage Mr Wrestling II was in his fifties, after a couple of previous retirements and he was the top heel involved in an excellent slow-burning feud with Magnum TA back then.

R.I.P.  

• Paid Members

Smackdown is so inconsequential, I don't know when I last bothered to read the results. Not even been a post about last week's on here and not for the first time.

God help them if that's the better show.

Can't blame them for trying something. They've got nothing to lose because they're at rock bottom ratings wise. Haven't followed Raw much lately, even on YouTube, but the few posts on here suggest it's not good.

Thought they had a little run after new year where the shows were good and you could see a direction and a concerted effort to elevate certain people. That all went to shit before Mania. I've never had any idea how much control Heyman has had so been hard to praise him for the good bits or slate him for the bad. The really poor empty arena stuff had disappointed though. I'm certain 90s Heyman would have had all sorts of ideas on how to mask some of the short comings, divert and distract. As it is, the only things they've done, they nicked off AEW, and they felt like company directions across the board.

• Paid Members

It won’t matter much at the moment because non-fan WWE shows are death regardless. But in the long-run, once fans return, it seems crazy that they’re giving control to the man who was consistently creating the most boring, lifeless, skippable show in years.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The last thing WWE writing needs is more streamlining. 

It probably doesn't matter because it seems whoever is writing I just writing to get stuff through Vince or else he re-writes it anyway but if it wasn't for the all-seeing eye, I'd say it absolutely does need streamlining. It needs to be a tighter vision across the board with a team who have an eye over everything. It's disjointed from segment to segment.

AEW suffered from some of that too when they had people booking their own bits all over the place.