Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, dopper said:

Knowing Vince & Linda's friendship & working relationship with Trump, I have wondered in the past what would happen if things got to a point where WWE Superstars were publicly critisizing him.

Whether that would affect their WWE status or bring about Vince actually saying something on TV about the ongoing situation.

Seems like we could find out sooner rather than later.

Can you imagine if Vince (or Michael Cole on his behalf) says something on Monday Night Raw along the lines of what Ryker tweeted last night. That would surely start a huge backlash against WWE.

Sami doesn't tend to hold things back...

Edited by Kamran

7 hours ago, Nexus said:

I mean, let's dunk on Jaxson as much as we can

We can’t. We very recently had a big lesson on how stupid it is to assume someone’s a good or bad egg based on which wing their social media leans towards.

• Paid Members
On 6/2/2020 at 10:58 AM, dopper said:

Knowing Vince & Linda's friendship & working relationship with Trump, I have wondered in the past what would happen if things got to a point where WWE Superstars were publicly critisizing him.

Whether that would affect their WWE status or bring about Vince actually saying something on TV about the ongoing situation.

Seems like we could find out sooner rather than later.

Can you imagine if Vince (or Michael Cole on his behalf) says something on Monday Night Raw along the lines of what Ryker tweeted last night. That would surely start a huge backlash against WWE.

It must have killed Vince inside that a WWE Hall of Famer and a personal friend of his whom he had a feud with that culminated in a match at Wrestlemania (between a chosen rep of each) won an election to become POTUS in November 2016 - and he can't mention anything about it on TV or their related media. In fact, it must still be killing him, got to be. The thing is that for the person called Vince McMahon which we have heard plenty of stories about through the decades, even he knows that any segment that could be perceived to be Pro-Trump would spell big, big trouble.

Edited by PJ Power

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Pogue said:

Based entirely on what I read at the time of Wrestlemania 23, that they couldn't mention him after the event, whether that's true or not I don't know 

How does that answer the question why Trump wouldn't want to be associated with WWE?

I bet he would. Let's be honest, it's fairly low-brow and he's hardly one for enjoying things of a more high-brow ilk. He pretty much lives on McDonald's doesn't he?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Anyone know why wwe are putting on a free version of the network inc select nxt takeover and ppvs? Not sure how it makes business sense but someone smarter than me must have an idea why... 

Getting more users of their app gives them better numbers for advertisers and TV partners. They've built a mega-business this last few years on the number of potential customers they bring to the table. Not actual viewers.

It gives them a stronger customer base to target and they'll hope to convert the free users into premium users paying for the service. It's not massively different to what they're doing anyway. They give away lots of content through social media. This is just a longer form.

17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Getting more users of their app gives them better numbers for advertisers and TV partners. They've built a mega-business this last few years on the number of potential customers they bring to the table. Not actual viewers.

It gives them a stronger customer base to target and they'll hope to convert the free users into premium users paying for the service. It's not massively different to what they're doing anyway. They give away lots of content through social media. This is just a longer form.

That's mental. How anyone can buy into them based on potential viewers I'll never know. I'd be perplexed if I were a shareholder. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Michael_3165 said:

That's mental. How anyone can buy into them based on potential viewers I'll never know. I'd be perplexed if I were a shareholder. 

It's been said a million times but the world has changed. Potential customers are on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WWE Network as much, if not more, than sat watching USA Network on a Monday night.

6 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It's been said a million times but the world has changed. Potential customers are on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WWE Network as much, if not more, than sat watching USA Network on a Monday night.

But if none of those are translating into money then its a bit of a moot point. How many people who watch the odd clip on youtube/twitter will go to house shows/tv tapings, spend on merchandise and watch routinely? Surely its relatively small numbers.