Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Heyman did have an autobiography in the pipeline, but it was shelved when he returned to WWE. It getting set back and set back - I had it on pre-order for probably a couple of years by the end of it all - but I've heard nothing about anything being released since he came back.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Do they usually tweet out changes in writing personnel, or is this more of a ratings panic than usual?

Probably a combination of the dire ratings and because they made such a fuss of hiring Heyman and Bischoff to head up the writing of both shows and, in less than a year, have sacked them both off.

35 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It probably doesn't matter because it seems whoever is writing I just writing to get stuff through Vince or else he re-writes it anyway but if it wasn't for the all-seeing eye, I'd say it absolutely does need streamlining. It needs to be a tighter vision across the board with a team who have an eye over everything. It's disjointed from segment to segment.

AEW suffered from some of that too when they had people booking their own bits all over the place.

Fair point. I guess it's a vague term - and it's just a press release anyway - but when I think 'streamlining' I think getting all the boys to hit their bullet points, point at the sign, "Because at Extreme Rules!", say the new buzzwords etc. 

According to PWTorch, EVOLVE Wrestling has been placed on hiatus, with COVID-19 given as the official reason.

Apparently, Gabe Sapolsky posted the news on a private Facebook group. Let’s see how long ‘hiatus’ remains the status, or if it becomes ‘ceased. 

Sapolsky is already working with NXT, so I imagine he’ll be there full time going forward.

2 hours ago, uklaw said:

According to PWTorch, EVOLVE Wrestling has been placed on hiatus, with COVID-19 given as the official reason.

Apparently, Gabe Sapolsky posted the news on a private Facebook group. Let’s see how long ‘hiatus’ remains the status, or if it becomes ‘ceased. 

Sapolsky is already working with NXT, so I imagine he’ll be there full time going forward.

Is this stemming from the rumour last week that WWE have bought it out and acquired the tape library? 

EVOLVE closing and basically merging into NXT seems to have been on the cards ever since that show was on the network

16 minutes ago, JNLister said:

They haven't run a show since 1 March. The "hiatus" is just them confirming they have no plans to run any future shows.

Do we know what the deal is with their talent contracts? Do they usually let them work elsewhere? Not that there's many options right now anyway.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Source?

Having checked Twitter, Don Callis himself technically. Made a comment post Impact last night that they've brought someone in who taught him a lot during 1999 to 2001 and putting 2 and 2 together, people have assumed Heyman.

Edited by Shy Dad

Eventually found this...not exactly a reputable news source but there's a YouTube video with Don's comments apparently; they also have a list of possible people, everyone from Lance Storm to Gabe to Joey Styles. But I think it's Stings chin

https://www.sescoops.com/don-callis-teases-big-name-from-ecw-headed-to-impact/

Edited by bigfoote
Cos I can't do copy paste