Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

37 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah just seen this. Absolutely tragic. It doesn't look good but hopefully he is found alive.

Jeez.  He can’t have been that old either.  411 was one of my newzz sites back before I discovered this forum.  Sad news.

1 hour ago, eugenespeed said:

If anyone reads 411, Larry Csonka has passed away. 

https://411mania.com/wrestling/larry-csonka-has-passed-away/

I loved Larry's reviews, when reviewing he looked at technical, storytelling and crowd response. I often agreed with him, so if he liked it I knew it was worth a shot. I don't think he was that old either. I believe he had an amputation a year or 2 ago so knew he wasn't well. 

RIP Larry

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Just saw the news regarding Larry too. Shocked to say the least, was always helpful with enquiries and I found most of his columns to be fairly well balanced considering some of the dross you find amongst wrestling sites.

Good guy. RIP. 

Edited by Suplex Sinner
Additional post

• Paid Members

Didn't always agree with some of his opinions but I have a ton of respect for him for his sheer work ethic. He's gone a long way to keeping that site afloat for a long time. He reviewed virtually every major TV/PPV show from around the world, also pulling together podcasts and even content for other areas of the site. Gave me a couple of writing opportunities on there many years ago which I'll always appreciate. 

Just now, mrtrickio said:

Small piece on the wrestling in Florida situation on John Oliver last night. Only as part of a bigger piece on bringing back sports in the US and not the expose it might have otherwise been though

We stopped caring about that sort of thing many weeks ago, and we weren't even serious about it at the time. Oliver's way behind the curve here - if anything, we've now flipped to wishing that WWE would bring even more wrestlers into the venue for these shows.