Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

It's Colt's show. It's his responsibility. For him to seek assurances that Punk would cover legal costs if things went wrong he knew the potential for it to do so. Cabana made the decision to put the show up, was warned by WWE to take it down or they would sue, didn't and then they did. CM Punk is a wanker undoubtedly but how anyone can think Cabana wad beyond any responsibility is astonishing.

You're telling me that Colt Cabana was the biggest platform CM Punk had to get his story out there at the time as well? Unreal. 

Biggest, no. But the one who wouldn’t edit the content

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

It's Colt's show. It's his responsibility. For him to seek assurances that Punk would cover legal costs if things went wrong he knew the potential for it to do so. Cabana made the decision to put the show up, was warned by WWE to take it down or they would sue, didn't and then they did. CM Punk is a wanker undoubtedly but how anyone can think Cabana wad beyond any responsibility is astonishing.

You're telling me that Colt Cabana was the biggest platform CM Punk had to get his story out there at the time as well? Unreal. 

Yep, absolutely. It was the biggest and most-accessible platform Punk had. At the time, it was easiest the world's most popular wrestling podcast and the host happened to be Punk's best mate. You really think that any other 'bigger' show would've given him the time, space and easy atmosphere to go into the sort of detail that he did? Hell no. CM Punk's exit is a five minute ESPN tidbit when it concerns the mainstream press. AOW was his best route for getting it all out there.

And if you think for a second that Cabana should shoulder any blame for holding up the journalistic integrity of posting Punks interview with his full consent, then you need to read up on the slippery slope that leads to. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I mean this genuinely, but.. who?

Until recently, I was the same. He was all over for his "insta stories" but I had no idea what for. Did a bit of research and discovered I had heard his first number one and he is quite funny. Albeit through the medium of instagram stories which are fucking lame. Took the Noel Gallagher stuff in his stride.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

That's not how it happened though was it? At least not how Cabana tells it, which I don't believe Punk's disputed.

He said he got the letter from WWE and asked Punk what to do. Punk told him he'd "take care of it" and Cabana would be "100% covered" if anything came from it. He trusted his mate, left the show up and got sued. If Punk had said *anything else* then, sure, Cabana has to take some of the responsibility. As it is, though, his mate dragged him into a dispute with his ex-employer and then got cold feet when he realised how much defending a WWE-funded lawsuit costs.

The really sad thing is that they actually WON the lawsuit. Imagine if they'd lost?

3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Lewis Capaldi. Says right there in the tweet. Fastest selling album of the year. Out-sold the entire top 10 combined when it was released. Best selling British debut in over 8 years. 

Ah, right then.  Some sort of popular music entertainer.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DCW said:

I don't do any of that instashite

Neither do I, but he is one of the biggest pop stars of the year on these shores.

Although you mention Malcolm Tucker- he's actually his second cousin in real life (or something along those lines).

I think Loki might be my dad.

Edited by PunkStep

https://forum.postwrestling.com/t/mexican-legend-perro-aguayo-sr-passes-away-at-73/6099

I struggled with putting this in as minor news but Lucha might be pretty niche. Mexican legend Perro Aguayo Sr passed away at 73. Guy was a huge national star and big influence on the Mexican scene. Simply one of the greatest brawlers that's ever lived. I found him captivating the moment I saw that lovely mane and big furry boots.

If you can get past the footage quality check out his hair match with Sangre Chicana. A must if your're into wild gritty brawls.

WWE looked into signing her way back, didn't they?

AEW hasn't made a move so I'm assuming that she isn't mates with Kenny.

Edit.

Maybe if the women didn't have to rely on the merch table to make a living, more would opt to stay put.

Edited by The King Of Swing