Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Chris Brookes recently competed in a match a swimming pool complex in Japan.

In what surely has to be a first, he was involved in the first ever 'reversal of a figure four while going down a water slide' spot...

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Can someone clear something up for me...

Been watching Tiger Mask vs Black Tiger on NJPW World from 21/4/82. The referee counts the shoulders to the mat even when there isn't a pin. Is this common practice in 80s NJPW? Just a bit confused as he kicks out (gets a shoulder up) before the three count each time which seems weird to me.

5 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Briefly brings up the "ghastly match" from 2015 but doesn't really go into any details outside of it resulting in some wrestlers quitting and something vague about change being needed.

Was that the Yoshiko / Act shoot?

• Awards Moderator
36 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

The leaked White House vetting docs on Linda are... interesting.

https://graphics.axios.com/docs/white-house-vetting-docs/Linda McMahon Backgrounder.pdf

It's a bit blah at first (if you've followed WWE for any length of time). But the stuff about Benoit dredges it all back up again. I haven't thought about the case in years.

Dr. Omalu claims that Mr. Benoit had a brain that resembled an 85-year-old with Alzheimer’s, which would lead one to ponder how Mr. Benoit would have found his way to an airport, let alone been able to remember all the moves and information that is required to perform in the ring.

Linda:

These studies have not been proven, if you will.

Well that settles that then. And

Stearns said said 89 wrestlers had died before the age of 50 between 1985 and 2006

is a grim reminder of the mortality.