Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

14 hours ago, Supremo said:

Rusev’s contract is supposedly due soon. Now that’s a guy I’d love to see elsewhere! 

I doubt they're worried about Rusev leaving. They've just signed Jinder to a new contract. Glad to see them tying down all the important talent.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I doubt they're worried about Rusev leaving. They've just signed Jinder to a new contract. Glad to see them tying down all the important talent.

Jinder's new contract is only because Vince doesn't want 3MB appearing in AEW...

• Paid Members

Tozawa is probably on the way out. He's had a few cryptic tweets recently, and Tweeted this out before hastily deleting it a bit later on;

Capture.PNG.24db7fd261b047f8484ee521973794c5.PNG

Also, 205 live spoilers - 

He lost to Nese on 205 and, according to those what watched, it felt like a swan song for Tozawa; he put in a great performance, soaked in the crowd and did the post-match respect angle with Nese.

I'd be very happy to see him turn up elsewhere, he's got TONS of potential. He has this insane ability to get a crowd behind him, and ultimately make that emotional connection.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Awards Moderator

The "AH! AH!" thing he did meant that even with the deadest of dead 205 crowds, you could normally rely on Tozawa to get them making a bit of noise. Fair enough if he wants out, he's been there three years, got his obligatory title win, but there's nowhere for him to go now. Leaves a space for Kushida on 205 as well.

3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'd almost forgotten he existed already. How's he doing in NXT so far? (I'm a little behind)

He’s just been put in random matches so far against the likes of Drew Gulak, Kassius Ohno and Kona Reeves 

• Awards Moderator
34 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'd almost forgotten he existed already. How's he doing in NXT so far? (I'm a little behind)

He's doing well enough that you'd be entirely forgiven for forgetting he existed. He's done nothing of note, I can't recall anything he did in any of his matches, and he's been given absolutely no character or personality other than 'he likes to dress like Back To The Future in his entrance for no reason'. I can't see what the fuss is about so far.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

He's doing well enough that you'd be entirely forgiven for forgetting he existed. He's done nothing of note, I can't recall anything he did in any of his matches, and he's been given absolutely no character or personality other than 'he likes to dress like Back To The Future in his entrance for no reason'. I can't see what the fuss is about so far.

This is exactly what I thought of him during his New Japan tenure. Solid in-ring, nothing spectacular, weird obsession with Back To The Future that was a shoot-off from his Time Splitters tag team with Alex Shelly.

He does have tremendous chemistry with Kyle O'Rielly though, including an absolute banger of a BOSJ final a few years back.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

No no, I mean the "according to those that watched" part. Tickled me.

Ah! One of the few times that I'm genuinely funny on here and the praise goes over my own head. Fucking hell.

Although I do stand by the edit; having "Also" followed by a spoiler box was bad form on my part.