Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

CM Punk's is currently in the process of suing his former best pal Colt Cabana. News to follow, according to Mike Johnson. That two bedroom apartment Colt lives in might have to be downsized.

He’s a prick isn’t he? I mean, I’m no Colt fan but he had proof CM Punk would help him if anything happened and then he lost he said How Much? Fuck That!

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He’s a prick isn’t he? I mean, I’m no Colt fan but he had proof CM Punk would help him if anything happened and then he lost he said How Much? Fuck That!

See I think they're largely as bad as each other. Punk could have went and done that interview or podcast anywhere he wanted and probably would have had several places offering him money to go and do it whether via a shoot interview or whatever. More professional outlets would I imagine have legal measures in place protecting them from law suits by  big companies suing them for defamation or libel or whatever. I can imagine Colt didnt far off beg Punk to tell the story on his pod. He has made a career largely off of being Punk's mate and using his connections to ride his coat tails. He's a cautious guy by nature and openly admits that regularly but on this occasion I feel he was blinded by the publicity and attention having Punk talk shit about WWE on his podcast was going to bring to his product so took the risk on the loose verbal promise that I believe was Punk saying "I'll take care of it".

To me it's important to remember that it's Cabana's podcast, guests are his guests, he had sole control over where, when and for how long it was distributed. He was happy to leave it up when the legal threats to take it down came and wasn't concerned how much it may cost Punk because as he see's it Punk is rich so could afford it. 

Cabana in my opinion needs to accept responsibility for his own actions and not just do something he knew was highly risky then hide behind his friends money when it all started to go wrong.

• Paid Members

That is such utter, utter dross. You come off sounding like Alan Partridge, and not in a good way. Blaming Colt for any of this is proper shit, and I'm not even a big Colt fan. Punk used Colt's very big platform because he was a trusted mate and, at the time, it was arguably the world's most popular wrestling podcast. Colt had a guest, the guest spouted off, the guest should shoulder all the heat. The host of the show shouldn't even come into this mess.

I can absolutely see why Colt would be pissed, especially if Punk said that he'd cover all the costs only to bill the poor fucker at the end of a lawsuit that he should've had no business being involved with anyway. Get to fuck.

I don't think you're even the real Johnny Vegas either.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

That is such utter, utter dross. You come off sounding like Alan Partridge, and not in a good way. Blaming Colt for any of this is proper shit, and I'm not even a big Colt fan. Punk used his Colt's very big platform because he was a trusted mate and, at the time, it was arguably the world's most popular wrestling podcast. Colt had a guest, the guest spouted off, the guest should shoulder all the heat. The host of the show shouldn't even come into this mess.

I can absolutely see why Colt would be pissed, especially if Punk said that he'd cover all the costs only to bill the poor fucker at the end of a lawsuit that he should've had no business being involved with anyway. Get to fuck.

Punk used his show as a platform because he wanted it all out there. There were texts/emails between the two (they came up around the court case) with Punk saying to  him don't worry about the bills, I'll cover them because he knew what he said, where he said was going to blow up. Then they fell out over whatever. This is Punk just being Punk. I.e. a shit head. I never liked him, felt a bit sorry for what he went through in the 'E, but he is a shitbag.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

News that seems to have got lost in the shuffle from yesterday. Tommy Dreamer revealing he was so depressed he planned on killing Paul Heyman and himself live at Wrestlemania 17. 

I like how he explains what Infamous means. Every days a school day and all that.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

That is such utter, utter dross. You come off sounding like Alan Partridge, and not in a good way. Blaming Colt for any of this is proper shit, and I'm not even a big Colt fan. Punk used his Colt's very big platform because he was a trusted mate and, at the time, it was arguably the world's most popular wrestling podcast. Colt had a guest, the guest spouted off, the guest should shoulder all the heat. The host of the show shouldn't even come into this mess.

To be fair Johnny Vegas isn;t the real Johnny Vegas either.