Sign in to follow this  
Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Chris Brookes recently competed in a match a swimming pool complex in Japan.

In what surely has to be a first, he was involved in the first ever 'reversal of a figure four while going down a water slide' spot...

5 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Chris Brookes recently competed in a match a swimming pool complex in Japan.

In what surely has to be a first, he was involved in the first ever 'reversal of a figure four while going down a water slide' spot...

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Can someone clear something up for me...

Been watching Tiger Mask vs Black Tiger on NJPW World from 21/4/82. The referee counts the shoulders to the mat even when there isn't a pin. Is this common practice in 80s NJPW? Just a bit confused as he kicks out (gets a shoulder up) before the three count each time which seems weird to me.

5 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Briefly brings up the "ghastly match" from 2015 but doesn't really go into any details outside of it resulting in some wrestlers quitting and something vague about change being needed.

Was that the Yoshiko / Act shoot?

36 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

The leaked White House vetting docs on Linda are... interesting.

https://graphics.axios.com/docs/white-house-vetting-docs/Linda McMahon Backgrounder.pdf

It's a bit blah at first (if you've followed WWE for any length of time). But the stuff about Benoit dredges it all back up again. I haven't thought about the case in years.

Dr. Omalu claims that Mr. Benoit had a brain that resembled an 85-year-old with Alzheimer’s, which would lead one to ponder how Mr. Benoit would have found his way to an airport, let alone been able to remember all the moves and information that is required to perform in the ring.

Linda:

These studies have not been proven, if you will.

Well that settles that then. And

Stearns said said 89 wrestlers had died before the age of 50 between 1985 and 2006

is a grim reminder of the mortality.

5 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

The leaked White House vetting docs on Linda are... interesting.

https://graphics.axios.com/docs/white-house-vetting-docs/Linda McMahon Backgrounder.pdf

CONTROVERSIAL POLICY STANCES/STATEMENTS
Abortion
McMahon Is Pro-Choice. “I am pro choice, and I have to say that with a caveat because I’ve never had to make that decision for myself - I think it would be the hardest decision. … I’m not sure I could make that decision for myself.” (Daniela Altimari, “Wrestling In New Ring Politics Linda McMahon,” Hartford Courant, 12/20/09)

Only in America...

42 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Only in America...

I'd like it if that were true, but with bloody Northern Ireland dragging us down in the progressive politics stakes...

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

I'd like it if that were true, but with bloody Northern Ireland dragging us down in the progressive politics stakes...

Can you imagine if Northern Ireland politicians and their staff were required to have vetting? It'd be one way of reducing unemployment by several thousand. Even with just First and Deputy First Ministers you're looking at Paisley and the Ulster Protestant Volunteers and wearing his Ulster Resistance beret, Martin McGuinness and his well-documented IRA career, Peter Robinson and the invasion of Clontibret and the AK47 on the fact finding mission in Israel.

NoT8B1s.jpg

Edited by Tamura