Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Edit: Double Post. Sorry.

Edited by PJ Power

On 6/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

One of the main events for the WWE Japan tour is Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, AJ Styles and Triple H Vs Samoa Joe, Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley and Baron Corbin.

Why Triple H is part of the Bullet Club team and Finn Balor isn’t just amazes me.

tenor.gif?itemid=12573179

Mike and Maria Kanellis have signed new 5 year deals with WWE, putting rumours of them jumping to AEW to bed (which based off the board reaction is a great thing for AEW) and I expect him to be Cruiserweight champion by the end of the summer. 

Edited by Shy Dad

It just goes to show how much times have changed. Five years ago there’s no way Mike and Maria would’ve been offered new contracts. 

3 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Mike and Maria Kanellis have signed new 5 year deals with WWE, putting rumours of them jumping to AEW to bed (which based off the board reaction is a great thing for AEW) and I expect him to be Cruiserweight champion by the end of the summer. 

I expect him to be wrestling's Winston Bogarde by the end of the summer.

It genuinely intrigues me why WWE is so intent on keeping everyone they can under contract. As has been said, they would always trim the fat and get rid of those they felt had outlived their usefulness or were surplus to requirements on a fairly regular basis. Now, they CAN afford to keep everyone and no doubt offer pay rises to renew expiring deals but why?:... WWE clearly has no use for Mike and Maria for instance.... so why keep them around for 5 more years?

They have 5+ hours of TV not including developmental, network shows and house show loops, that requires bodies be they over or not. Couple that with the slew of people openly wanting out and I can understand a panic attack about retaining people. Hell last time Vince was rattled about talent not wanting or needing the WWF he gave Bret a deal he couldn't afford and offered Johnny B Badd an unheard of downside. 

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

They have 5+ hours of TV not including developmental, network shows and house show loops, that requires bodies be they over or not. Couple that with the slew of people openly wanting out and I can understand a panic attack about retaining people. Hell last time Vince was rattled about talent not wanting or needing the WWF he gave Bret a deal he couldn't afford and offered Johnny B Badd an unheard of downside. 

He has more talent under contract than he could possibly do anything with.
I can understand locking up top talent or wrestlers he perhaps sees some potential in but at this stage it absolutely must just be control and nothing more.
I mean, look at the Harper situation - the guy wants out, WWE is not using him and clearly sees nothing in him so why not let him go? In that situation what is the point of keeping someone under contract who does not want to be there and who you clearly don't want to use?

10 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

He has more talent under contract than he could possibly do anything with.
I can understand locking up top talent or wrestlers he perhaps sees some potential in but at this stage it absolutely must just be control and nothing more.
I mean, look at the Harper situation - the guy wants out, WWE is not using him and clearly sees nothing in him so why not let him go? In that situation what is the point of keeping someone under contract who does not want to be there and who you clearly don't want to use?

So noone else can.

19 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

So noone else can.

I get that part - that's obvious...my point is why would they care if they have nothing for them anyway?
'I don't want Harper but I'll be damned if anyone else can have him!' 'Why?' '...just BECAUSE, dammit...'

If you feel they have worth to you - keep them, use them.
If you feel they have no worth to you - get rid of them... if they are of no use it's no loss. So what if someone else uses them?

Essentially Vince is a hoarder.
He never uses any of the talent that is cluttering up his roster but he doesn't want to throw any of it away either. 

You're right in a lot of cases, but using Mike & Maria Kanellis as an example doesn't make sense, because they are being used on 205 Live most weeks so they obviously do have a use for them.