WyattSheepMask Posted May 7 Posted May 7 I bet Seth Rollins would take a pay cut so that Nick Khan can have a raise, bootlicking knacker that he is Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: I bet Seth Rollins would take a pay cut so that Nick Khan can have a raise, bootlicking knacker that he is I do like that nearly everyone in any corner of the wrestling community just seems to have agreed that the person accepting the pay cut has to be Seth. It’s like his shitness and bootlicking is the one thing uniting everyone. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 32 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said: I do like that nearly everyone in any corner of the wrestling community just seems to have agreed that the person accepting the pay cut has to be Seth. It’s like his shitness and bootlicking is the one thing uniting everyone. Realistically, it’s probably someone who they feel doesn’t have a choice. Maybe Rey Mysterio, given that they’ll view him as someone who would stick around to be retired by his son. Maybe it’s a female performer based purely on the fact AEW doesn’t exactly treat its women’s division well (if you’re, for example, Nia Jax, Chelsea Green or Naomi, AEW didn’t sign you last time you were free, so would you risk free agency?) It’ll be someone they have taken calculated risk with - someone being punished for loyalty to family or a perceived lack of options. It’ll be a situation that would make you think ‘ugh, that’s shitty.’ Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 (edited) There’s a bit of a witch hunt online, trying to find out which loser willingly took the pay cut. It’s funnier not knowing, and just assuming both Seth Rollins and Johnny Gargano were fighting over who can volunteer as tribute. Can imagine them battling it out in a reverse auction, each offering a higher and higher percentage of their salary. “Sixty percent!” “Seventy!” “Eighty!” “One hundred and ten percent! I’ll pay you to let me work here!” I’d be far more interested in someone revealing how badly these penny-pinchers must have low-balled Chris Jericho, resulting in him staying in AEW. Do you think they offered him a Matt Cardona deal? “Would love to have you back Chris, how does minimum wage sound?” Best of luck to all who lost their jobs. Especially those who burned bridges with AEW to go back to Uncle Hunter. “I hear TNA is hiring.” Edited May 8 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 11 minutes ago, Ralphy said: Matt Cardona, i think you nailed at least one of them, his WWE love affair rivals mine He is still getting 5 figures a month, but not cash, just 5 actual wrestling figures Haha, that's tremendous! Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted May 8 Posted May 8 2 hours ago, RedTwoster said: Realistically, it’s probably someone who they feel doesn’t have a choice. Maybe Rey Mysterio, given that they’ll view him as someone who would stick around to be retired by his son. Maybe it’s a female performer based purely on the fact AEW doesn’t exactly treat its women’s division well (if you’re, for example, Nia Jax, Chelsea Green or Naomi, AEW didn’t sign you last time you were free, so would you risk free agency?) It’ll be someone they have taken calculated risk with - someone being punished for loyalty to family or a perceived lack of options. It’ll be a situation that would make you think ‘ugh, that’s shitty.’ I've seen The Miz suggested elsewhere, which wouldn't surprise me. AEW or Japan wouldn't want him. I doubt presenting American Gladiators is a huge bargaining chip. Wrestling wise being in WWE and its exposure, even on half his old salary its probably his best bet. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 That makes a lot of sense, and presuming it is someone like Miz (or Rey Mysterio or hell, even Reigns) you'd maybe assume it's a "half the pay for half (or maybe 60%) of the work" kinda deal, right...? Rather than a real pants down, please sir may I have another situation. I.E. Miz's WWE pay is cut in half, but so are his commitments to the company to allow him to do more acting/presenting/family stuff? Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 10 minutes ago, Statto said: I.E. Miz's WWE pay is cut in half, but so are his commitments to the company to allow him to do more acting God help the world. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 The Miz and Maryse flip houses. So I’m sure they’ve got plenty of income for him to take a pay cut. And yeah, he’s just sold his mansion for quite a bit of money. I’m sure he’s fine with whatever they offered him. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 8 Posted May 8 He's got Maryse. He gets to play wrestler. He gets to do stuff like Gladiators and talk shows etc. He comes across as a guy who knows how different things could be and feels lucky to be doing what he's doing. He's exactly where The Miz should be. He knows he wouldn't do half as well anywhere else. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted May 8 Posted May 8 (edited) He's Jeff Brazier, he's American Jeff Brazier. In ring and out of it. Edited May 8 by Cannibal Man Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 8 Posted May 8 The Miz is rubbish, I get that. But I like him. He seems completely settled with his lot. Despite not really ever having the talent, he's completed wrestling; 2 time WWE Champ, headlined Mania, made his money, got the girl. Whatever. Good for him. The hype video for his match with Cena was a banger, to be fair. Quote
Chico Torres Posted May 8 Posted May 8 The Miz is just the type of grubby lickspittle who would willingly take a pay cut then send “Mr. Khan” a follow-up email thanking him for the reduction in salary as a growth opportunity to leverage his capabilities and reprioritize his value stream. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 8 Paid Members Posted May 8 10 hours ago, Ralphy said: Matt Cardona, i think you nailed at least one of them, his WWE love affair rivals mine He is still getting 5 figures a month, but not cash, just 5 actual wrestling figures Out fuckin standing Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 11 Paid Members Posted May 11 (edited) On 5/8/2026 at 5:05 PM, d-d-d-dAz said: The Miz is rubbish, I get that. But I like him. I like Miz. Thought he was a great heel that got cut off too soon, like if Honky Tonk Man had got to be champ. He isn’t “good” but he’s very serviceable and VERY easy to despise and want to see get his comeuppance. I was rather happy when he won the belt the second time, more baddies should work on getting heat rather than “being a fantastic wrestler.” For me, anyway. Edited May 11 by air_raid Let’s see how much mischief you get up to without any legs! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.