Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I still watch the clip every once in a while of Simon Gotch’s shoot where he absolutely slaughters Enzo simply because of how hilarious it is

worst thing about it was Austin and pretty much everyone else who spoke about Enzo being injured in a match with The Vaudevillain’s blamed Gotch and that was him basically finished in WWE

Posted

Just remembered when Enzo and Cass invaded a ROH/NJPW show and no one bothered to tell the New Japan officials about it, ended up really fucking over the relationship and the pair were ditched right away.

Posted

I didn't mind Enzo that much, 6 inches taller and I think he could have been a huge star.

I like that he was completely different to everyone else in the way he dressed, talked etc.

Shame that he was a complete twat outside of the ring though.

Not sure I have much interest in him coming back.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I think FTR are just using that for a pay bump - I don't see them going anywhere. In AEW they are a top act, constantly pushed and given loads of matches against top level opponents, promo time, on TV every week and PPV. They will get pretty much none of that from going back to WWE.

If you're an ex-WWE guy currently under AEW contract you'd have to be careful about going back after seeing how people like Malakai Black have fared.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted

Mad that Trips has been in charge so long that this has come around again. Their deals came up previously and everyone thought the Trips pull would lure them back. 

I wouldn't be fussed either way. They're a solid act in AEW and generally deliver good matches and programmes. But they'd give WWE something they desperately need and open up a slot at the top in AEW. Once again, having two companies is much better for the talent.

  • Paid Members
Posted

FTR are spectacular, probably the best tag team going at the minute. It's extremely unlikely they'd be able to showcase that in WWE, no matter if there's an apparent push for a respectable division. That will never last. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

If you're an ex-WWE guy currently under AEW contract you'd have to be careful about going back after seeing how people like Malakai Black have fared.

As a singles person, I think a lot of them would still take the risk, but tag teams? Absolutely not. No point whatsoever.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't think there's any risk of FTR going back to WWE, it's just a news story because they're in their option year. I'm sure WWE are interested, and I'm sure FTR (or their agent) would at least entertain offers from them, but unless CM Punk manages to convince them that the grass is far greener than it is (and that's assuming that Punk is happy there, which I'm starting to doubt), I don't see them going anywhere.

In AEW they almost certainly get to be part of Cope & Cage's retirement match, and will be set up as the team to beat for anyone else coming in - be that New Day, Motor City Machine Guns, or anyone else in the future - while in WWE they maybe get to wrestle Fraxiom on Smackdown and then not make a PPV card for months. It's hardly an embarrassment of riches for tag team wrestling in WWE, and the biggest name teams are all still there from last time FTR were there, so it's not like there's a big clamour to see them against The Usos.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’d be absolutely gobsmacked if they moved to WWE. What would they stand to gain from it? 

More money? Extremely doubtful.

Increased prominence? Ask Motor City Machine Guns how that worked out - or even New Day after their heel turn.

Job security? Again, ask New Day about that.

A better schedule? Again, very unlikely.

It’s no surprise that WWE would be interested in them, but it would be one of the strangest jumps ever. I can’t see it happening.

Posted
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Unless CM Punk manages to convince them that the grass is far greener than it is (and that's assuming that Punk is happy there, which I'm starting to doubt).

Hello, What's this about?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...