TheScarlettChad Posted May 29 Posted May 29 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Their agent. That was a direct conversation with him. He also has Blake Monroe and Miro. Up until last week, Liv Morgan. You have the inside scoop. So which one is definitely leaving? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I’m not saying I think it’s a valid excuse. But when they used to release the quarterly breakdowns the women’s segments generally saw a bigger drop then anyone else. Only Jericho had a similar effect (which is why the women wouldn’t be highlighted until the 2nd/3rd quarter of hour 2. It was like clockwork. And if the networks care that much they probably will give notes on structure. I think had Mariah not been on her way out, the Hollywood Ending would have headlined last year. I’m not saying you think that either, for clarity. I think it’s Tony Khan’s greatest failing and it doesn’t get called out enough. I’ve not seen the quarters so can’t comment on them, although if the rating is lower, surely that would speak to the previous segment more than anything else? And context is important - a random match with limited consequences is less likely to retain viewers than one featuring big characters like Toni Storm or Mercedes Mone. If viewers aren’t given a reason to care, they won’t - and in the early days of AEW, there really wasn’t a reason to care about the women’s division they’d assembled at that time. It was a mess. That’s not the case now, though. Quote
Paid Members Cod Eye Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 (edited) 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Their agent. That was a direct conversation with him. He also has Blake Monroe and Miro. Up until last week, Liv Morgan. I hope he gave you permission to release that info, otherwise you might have broken some trust there! Edited May 29 by Cod Eye Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 29 Posted May 29 47 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: I’m not saying you think that either, for clarity. I think it’s Tony Khan’s greatest failing and it doesn’t get called out enough. I’ve not seen the quarters so can’t comment on them, although if the rating is lower, surely that would speak to the previous segment more than anything else? And context is important - a random match with limited consequences is less likely to retain viewers than one featuring big characters like Toni Storm or Mercedes Mone. If viewers aren’t given a reason to care, they won’t - and in the early days of AEW, there really wasn’t a reason to care about the women’s division they’d assembled at that time. It was a mess. That’s not the case now, though. Yeah it's a bit of a backwards approach. It shouldn't be "oh they get low ratings" it should be "okay we've got an amazing roster - how can we make people care enough?" because they've clearly got an immense depth of female talent in the company at the moment. I have no idea ratings wise on NXT but they're often women heavy on the shows. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: I had a conversation with Drew's wife's hairdresser's postman and he said Drew isn't going anywhere. Well, that's stupid. Should've spoken to the milkman. @Mr_Danger will say anything for a cheap pop. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 1 hour ago, Cod Eye said: I hope he gave you permission to release that info, otherwise you might have broken some trust there! He’s very publicly loose lipped. He’s not said that out loud in a tweet. But has if you piece things together. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 Hmmm, I'll wait until Scorch confirms it. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 15 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Enzo's coming to NXT according to Meltz. That would be a strange one, assuming Cass is also on the way. Why waste the return of an established act there? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 29 Members Posted May 29 13 minutes ago, gmoney said: Hmmm, I'll wait until Scorch confirms it. Badaboom, realest scoops in the room, howyoudoing Quote
Merzbow Posted May 29 Posted May 29 1 minute ago, RedTwoster said: That would be a strange one, assuming Cass is also on the way. Why waste the return of an established act there? I guess they're more synonymous with NXT than anywhere else, have a short run back "home" before on to the main show. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 No point Cass going to NXT as its a developmental brand, because the two things we know about Cass is that he is big, and unteachable. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 29 Posted May 29 15 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: That would be a strange one, assuming Cass is also on the way. Why waste the return of an established act there? With the way tag teams go on the main roster, they're probably safer down there anyway. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 52 minutes ago, gmoney said: Hmmm, I'll wait until Scorch confirms it. No comment. I did see Enzo was reported backstage at NXT. The same week it was revealed Cass’s contract was coming up and that WWE were looking to rejuvenate the tag division. Which is ironic considering they were a hot team 10 years ago and they’d just released the New Day. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted May 29 Posted May 29 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: Why waste the return of an established act there? because he's shite! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.