SaitoRyo Posted September 20, 2024 Posted September 20, 2024 Just seen the news that Miro has requested his release from AEW (per Fightful) and thought a thread to discuss general pro wrestling releases, signings, free agent rumours and whatnot could be helpful. So, do AEW let Miro go and, if so, do you see him going back to WWE? Discuss... Quote
Chili Posted September 20, 2024 Posted September 20, 2024 (edited) 10 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: Just seen the news that Miro has requested his release from AEW (per Fightful) and thought a thread to discuss general pro wrestling releases, signings, free agent rumours and whatnot could be helpful. So, do AEW let Miro go and, if so, do you see him going back to WWE? Discuss... Absolutely let him go. He's a very talented bloke but seems a right flighty sod. I recommend the best he can do is go back to WWE, or maybe even somewhere else (Impact?) and he could do something to reinvent him, like an angle where his wife starts managing someone else with vague cuck intentions thrown in, for a bit of something different. I actually think WWE should stay clear of him for a bit. There is no way that haven't kept an eye on how he's been the last few years. Edited September 20, 2024 by Chili Quote
SaitoRyo Posted September 20, 2024 Author Posted September 20, 2024 Just now, Chili said: Absolutely let him go. He's a very talented bloke but seems a right flighty sod. I recommend the best he can do is go back to WWE, or maybe even somewhere else (Impact?) and he could do something to reinvent him, like an angle where his wife starts managing someone else with vague cuck intentions thrown in, for a bit of something different. Ex-wife I'm afraid, Chili - they got divorced earlier this year. His AEW run showed hints of being really promising at various times, but injuries and him apparently refusing to job (or even consider the company's creative plans for him) have fucked it. I read that he has a pretty knackered up back, so who knows if he even wants to wrestle anymore? When he's healthy and motivated, he can produce some great stuff; it just feels like he's rarely healthy or motivated these days. Anyway, he's contracted until spring 2026 and making close to seven figures per reports, so he must be pretty miffed or have some good options lined up if he's wanting to hop off the TK train. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 20, 2024 Posted September 20, 2024 He never struck me as someone who was that bothered about wrestling. Like he could take it or leave it from what I heard, so wouldn't surprise me if he just goes and does something else. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 I mena they're paying him to do nothing so they definitely should sack him. He's shown flashes of brilliance in AEW but also shown his limitations. He created a brilliant character but then never really added any depth to it so it limited what stories you could do with him and once it started to tire out became endlessly repetitive. And all of that is before you take into account his rumoured backstage issues. There's no excuse to refuse to job in this day and age. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 I really like Miro but besides injuries, he’s held himself back from being a success in AEW. You have to wonder what creative ideas he turned down. He knows if he goes back to WWE, or goes anywhere, he will have to lose a match eventually. He is or was on Twitch and is big into his gaming. I wouldn’t be surprised if he does something Woods and Breeze again. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted September 20, 2024 Posted September 20, 2024 Rumours going about again that Kevin Owens isnt far away from being finished with his contract and that AEW will make a big play for him. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 Miro peaked at his tank entrance and died a death after he lost to Cena. He's never ever been as good as people make him out to be and the wrestling world won't miss him if he does leave it. He'd added a sum total of nothing to any company he's been a part of. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 (edited) Miro's initial run in AEW was really good, and I liked that story they told about his neck being his one weakness which added a different dynamic to his matches. He does seem like an headache to work with though. I think in WWE now he'd get the Andrade treatment - treated well for the first few weeks but quickly becoming an afterthought. Edited September 20, 2024 by Lorne Malvo Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 20 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: Rumours going about again that Kevin Owens isnt far away from being finished with his contract and that AEW will make a big play for him. He feels like a WWE lifer to me. They'll know AEW will be gunning for him and they'll offer him loads of money and I can see him taking it and being happy with it. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 Adored the TNT title run in AEW when he was demolishing people and was going to kill Fuego del Sol. Genuinely menacing and hilarious promos threatening God. Then he disappeared and every time he came back it wasn't quite the same and went nowhere. His last match I remember was against Hobbs, and it was fantastic. Hobbs is another who seems to get stop start pushes. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 20, 2024 Posted September 20, 2024 5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: He feels like a WWE lifer to me. They'll know AEW will be gunning for him and they'll offer him loads of money and I can see him taking it and being happy with it. Thing is I thought that about Edge too, probably moreso. You just never know really. I don't think it'd be indicative of KO being unhappy with WWE but more are there others he'd love to work with again or for the first time before he retires or slows things down? Whether that's important vs the comfort of WWE, who knows. It'll certainly be interesting to see what he decides. Quote
Paid Members unfitfinlay Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 There was a point where Miro was my favourite wrestler. I wanted him to take the title from Hangman. He got fucked by bad timing though. Had he dropped the title to Sammy, fucked off for a bit to heal up and then come back a few weeks later, things might have been different. Unfortunately, he subbed for Mox against Danielson, hurt himself even worse and was off for forever. By the time he came back, the company was a very different place and everyone had moved on. I think the biggest problem is, as much as I enjoyed the character, it only really works if he's totally protected and made to look practically invulnerable. The AEW roster is far too loaded to justify giving anyone that kind of push. They simply don't need to. I'd definitely let him go. Hopefully he' find a good spot elsewhere. Quote
Chili Posted September 20, 2024 Posted September 20, 2024 (edited) Kevin Owens I could see jumping on the basis of just simply wanting a new change of scenery. I'm a big fan of him but I haven't seen him properly in years (Austin brawl was last I saw him) so assuming he's still very good. I think he'd be a case where if he did leave there wouldn't be too much bad blood either as he's extremely well thought of isn't he? If he stays because WWE drive a dumptruck of dollars to his house though then absolutely stay. I'm delighted wrestlers are getting their pockets lined and the big dogs at the top are trying their best to not be fuming about it. Edited September 20, 2024 by Chili Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 20, 2024 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: There's no excuse to refuse to job in this day and age. "You're putting over Jericho". Nope. 10 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said: There was a point where Miro was my favourite wrestler. I wanted him to take the title from Hangman. I'd definitely let him go. Hopefully he' find a good spot elsewhere. Clipped, but agree on all of it. Looked an absolute superstar at one point but the stop/start nature of his run, constantly disappearing, coming back doing pretty much the same thing but then not being around to carry it out, he went from being incredible to just around in very short order. I'd bin him too. Whether or not he'll do OK in WWE is irrelevant. He won't change their business, it's already very good. That doesn't matter to AEW. Just save the money and find someone else. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.