Paid Members Carbomb Posted September 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 30, 2024 I think the lucha mask thing is more cultural than anything else. This was quite a long time ago, but I think there was a big lucha enthusiast on here who mentioned how there was a quasi-spiritual aspect to it, related to the old cultures of Mexico (can't remember if it was to do with the Mayans or the Aztecs). Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 8, 2024 On the one hand this sounds potentially funny and spicy; on the other hand I really can't stand Chris Van Vliet and I know that's where she'll go. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 8, 2024 44 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: On the one hand this sounds potentially funny and spicy; on the other hand I really can't stand Chris Van Vliet and I know that's where she'll go. She was spilling a lot of tea when she left WWE so I’m sure this will be similar. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted October 16, 2024 Author Posted October 16, 2024 Owens is likely re-signing with WWE, according to WrestleVotes. Handshake agreement, nothing official, but looks like he's sticking around. I appreciate he's mates the the Bucks and co., but he'd be mad to go to AEW at this stage. Also, apparently Jonathan Gresham and Jordynne Grace's TNA deals expire in January and they could be NXT-bound... Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted October 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 16, 2024 1 minute ago, SaitoRyo said: Owens is likely re-signing with WWE, according to WrestleVotes. Handshake agreement, nothing official, but looks like he's sticking around. I appreciate he's mates the the Bucks and co., but he'd be mad to go to AEW at this stage. Also, apparently Jonathan Gresham and Jordynne Grace's TNA deals expire in January and they could be NXT-bound... Jordynne Grace seems a no-brainer, and I suspect she’ll end up becoming a huge star in WWE. And what a women’s roster they’ll have, with Perez, Grace, Giulia and Vaquer at the top. I’m intrigued at how they use Gresham, he’s the complete opposite to what McMahon would have signed due to his size, unless he saw ‘comedy character!’ in his future. I totally understand why Owen’s would want to stay put, but he’s a wrestler I think would have benefitted from the change of scenery AEW would have given him. Outside of a CM Punk match and a feud with Gunther, there’s really nothing that I care about seeing him do. He feels a bit stale. Quote
The King of Old School Posted October 16, 2024 Posted October 16, 2024 I imagine Owen's next few months are set out, a couple of matches with Orton and Cody, and no doubt a triple threat in there somewhere will probably see him though until Mania, where I can see him facing Sami Zayn. Maybe a feud with Punk after Mania going through the summer. Quote
Infinity Land Posted October 16, 2024 Posted October 16, 2024 15 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: Also, apparently Jonathan Gresham and Jordynne Grace's TNA deals expire in January and they could be NXT-bound... Joe Hendry gave the impression he's only got 4 months on his deal. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted October 16, 2024 Author Posted October 16, 2024 4 minutes ago, Infinity Land said: Joe Hendry gave the impression he's only got 4 months on his deal. Reports are that Grace's deal was initially set to expire next summer but she had it amended to end in January instead. Perhaps Gresham did the same, as his TNA signing was only announced back in April. Feels like some in NXT are maybe having a word with TNA about letting people they want out of their contracts early... Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted October 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 16, 2024 WWE working with another company before ultimately rinsing them of talent and fucking them off. Who could have possibly predicted this. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted October 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 16, 2024 32 minutes ago, Infinity Land said: Joe Hendry gave the impression he's only got 4 months on his deal. I thought his 4-months tweet referred to a Rumble appearance, rather than contract expiry. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 16, 2024 3 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I thought his 4-months tweet referred to a Rumble appearance, rather than contract expiry. He definitely started previously his contract was up next year, not sure he disclosed when exactly. Either way, that was a very stupid tweet to put out the other day. He’ll be lucky to not be Lexed, although different times and all that. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted November 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 No surprise that Tegan Nox has gone. Had a lot bad luck with injury but since she came back she’s barely been used. Corbin it seemed started showing something as a face in NXT but clearly Triple H isn’t a fan. Quite surprised at Hartwell given Triple H seemed to use her a lot in NXT but again has barely been used on the main roster. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 I imagine Baron Corbin will be done with wrestling if he leaves WWE. Can't see anyone having any interest in him except for a brief TNA run. He doesn't strike me as someone who really loves wrestling that much. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted November 1, 2024 Posted November 1, 2024 Tegan isn't much off a surprise as she has done nothing since being rehired and Baron Corbin is only a surprise in so much as he seemed like one of those who would be on the roster forever hanging around doing nothing far past the point of any value he had left to give, guess we are in different times Indi whilst not being featured much since being called up 18 months ago is the most surprising more so in that she has actually been on TV the past few weeks albeit in a supporting role to Candice LeRae but at least it was TV time, so the timing on her departure seems odd But in the grander scheme of things none of the 3 will be of any loss Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.