Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted November 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 Tegan Nox seemed to have the knees of Kenta Kobashi. Corbin has stolen a living for years so good bye and good luck in whatever you do outside wrestling, because you clearly hated wrestling Baron. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 Literally only looked up Tegan Nox yesterday to see if she was still hired. Has she done much since she was rehired? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 (edited) 2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Indi I hope this was a joke Update, it thankfully was Edited November 2, 2024 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2024 I see their weird, Orwellian use of language remained even in Vince’s absence. “Departing.” What a shitty, cowardly way to say you’re sacking them off. Indi Hartwell was mostly forgettable in the ring, but she was a great character worker. Her wedding with Dexter Loomis was one of the best wrestling weddings of all time. It’s sad to say, but I couldn’t tell you a single thing Tegan Knox ever did beyond get injured. Baron Corbin was good for about six weeks, when he became Bum Ass Corbin. Wild that they didn’t even realise what they had and switched him back so quickly. Quote
Matthew Posted November 2, 2024 Posted November 2, 2024 It’s always sad to hear of people losing their jobs but Corbin, at his best, was a poor version of Authority Kane, who was the worst incarnation of his character “arc”. So hopefully he’s successful in whatever he does next, but hopefully isn’t anywhere wrestling related. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2024 18 minutes ago, Matthew said: It’s always sad to hear of people losing their jobs but Corbin, at his best, was a poor version of Authority Kane, who was the worst incarnation of his character “arc”. So hopefully he’s successful in whatever he does next, but hopefully isn’t anywhere wrestling related. I’d be absolutely stunned if he doesn’t turn up in TNA. And hey, who’d have been crying out for Big Cass to go there before he did? I’m going to say something that might haunt me in the future: if Corbin goes to TNA, I reckon he’ll surprise a few people and do quite well. Quote
Chili Posted November 2, 2024 Posted November 2, 2024 (edited) Baron Corbin was one of those bizarre types who when you pushed him was mostly utter dogshit, but put him a low card angle like when he lost all his money or the Happy Corbin thing and he'd be quite fun and likeable that he made them actually work and appreciate having at least something going on. Terrible as that Vince proxy on Raw with a stupid nickname. Brilliant telling that doctor who said CTE wasn't a massive issue that he was full of cobblers. He really did need that haircut. Edited November 2, 2024 by Chili Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2024 He's one of the consistently most boring and rubbish wrestlers I've ever seen in my entire life and I'm glad I don't have to watch the useless git anymore. I'm sorry he's lost his job though! Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2024 Corbin’ll be good in Japan. Bank on it. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2024 It didn't look good for Corbin. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted November 2, 2024 Posted November 2, 2024 I remember seeing Corbin on that Breaking Ground documentary and thinking he didn't give a fuck about wrestling even back then so I'm glad hes gone as he was absolute horse shit in the ring and never had a single good match. Quote
Retro Red Posted November 2, 2024 Posted November 2, 2024 6 hours ago, Supremo said: I see their weird, Orwellian use of language remained even in Vince’s absence. “Departing.” What a shitty, cowardly way to say you’re sacking them off. To be fair that was Sapp’s choice of wording, WWE haven’t announced any of the departures. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2024 56 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: I remember seeing Corbin on that Breaking Ground documentary and thinking he didn't give a fuck about wrestling even back then so I'm glad hes gone as he was absolute horse shit in the ring and never had a single good match. He had that one Chairs match with Kalisto which was an unexpected banger. But apart from that no. Tragic that he was Kurt's retirement match and how little it meant Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 2, 2024 Posted November 2, 2024 Condolences to all his fans in France. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2024 It’s been mentioned a few times now and it’s wild that we’re in 2024 and CARING ABOUT THE BUSINESS matters to people. If Baron Corbin was great, it wouldn’t make the slightest difference to me whether he had Super J Cup ‘94 on VHS or not. I couldn’t give a shit if wrestlers like wrestling or not. Goldberg wasn’t a fan and was only in it for the money. Still ruled. Seth Rollins has so obviously subscribed to Newsletters and tape traded since he started getting pocket money. Still shit. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.