Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I forgot he was still employed! What did he actually do after NXT UK?

He was a Senior Writer/Producer for NXT apparently. He resigned just before Christmas so he could move back to the UK and is now a International Talent Scout for WWE.

  • Paid Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Regal certainly is, so you’re probably right by proxy. I like both of them, I just don’t see what they bring to WWE and I therefore don’t see them there long term.

I really liked Pete Dunne in NXT and NXT UK, and I do wonder if he’d have been in a better position had the Butch run never happened - if Triple H had been in charge sooner, as he did seem to like him. But he’s really struggled and I don’t see that changing. If WWE took the tag division a bit more seriously, I do think he and Bate would be an ace little team. Which is why…in spite of their roster being rammed…I’d actually quite like to see them in AEW!

Posted
9 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I really liked Pete Dunne in NXT and NXT UK, and I do wonder if he’d have been in a better position had the Butch run never happened

But that's the most he's been over on the main roster. It ended up really working for him.

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

But that's the most he's been over on the main roster. It ended up really working for him.

It did in the short term, but it also meant he’d been defined down before he was repackaged under Triple H - and it’s still part of his character, and not to his benefit. If he’d come straight to the main roster as Pete Dunne, and worked from what was effectively a clean slate, he might have had a better chance of being taken seriously. There’s not a chance he would have breached the main event scene, but he might have had a shot at lifting a singles title. He may have flopped anyway though, who knows?

Posted
Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

You might get it on the Indies buddy. If we are in for a mega cull there is no way Apollo can survive surely. 

He’s either due to undergo surgery very soon or has very recently had said surgery, so he’s probably been bought some time. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone within the next 12-18 months though, he’s done nothing of note for years

  • Paid Members
Posted

If they do put Bate and Dunne together as a team when Bate is back from injury they have to change their name. ‘New Catch Republic’ is up there with ‘Pure Fusion Collective’ for awful team names. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 hours ago, Kamran said:

Big Swole and she had a public falling out with TK when she left AEW  TK said she was crap)

Still the most embarrassing thing Khan has done for me. "I'm firing her because she's rubbish!" Meanwhile Brandon Cutler is employed.

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Meanwhile Brandon Cutler is employed.

Woah, woah, hold on. Cutler played a brilliant stooge, had some great comedy matches with Peter Avalon and had a fun squash against the BCC where he bled buckets. I'll have no Cutler slander on here, thank you very much.

  • Paid Members
Posted
22 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Still the most embarrassing thing Khan has done for me. "I'm firing her because she's rubbish!" Meanwhile Brandon Cutler is employed.

Didn’t she accuse him of being racist for firing her? So he came out and said she was shit. He wasn’t wrong about that. But in the same tweet or tweets he mentioned what every person of colour had been doing while plugging that nights show. It was all very weird.

Cutler has a job backstage so he has some use I suppose. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Didn’t she accuse him of being racist for firing her? So he came out and said she was shit. He wasn’t wrong about that. But in the same tweet or tweets he mentioned what every person of colour had been doing while plugging that nights show. It was all very weird.

Yeah, that’s how it went down. She accused AEW of being racist, he pointed out all the POC’s (including himself) who worked in the corporate structure and said he didn’t renew her contract because her wrestling wasn’t up to par. 
 

And as stupid as it made everyone look, he wasn’t lying, she was awful. The fact her husband was there all that time and she never got offered an NXT tryout should confirm that. According to cagematch she last wrestled in 2022.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

If they do put Bate and Dunne together as a team when Bate is back from injury they have to change their name. ‘New Catch Republic’ is up there with ‘Pure Fusion Collective’ for awful team names. 

If Bate comes back they also have to stop referring to him as a 'big strong boy'. I've rarely been more embarrassed to like wrestling.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...