Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm not disagreeing, but fucking Miro. Seemed like such a weird prick I'd rather not see him rewarded with a nice contract. Though if he does, I'd just like to see him booked in cuck storylines until his retirement.

I dunno, I’d happily see him booked in Arcade Anarchy matches from now until the end of time.

And yes, I’m only saying that as an excuse to post this:

I couldn’t find the match in full on YouTube, but even the highlights are a blast. 

Posted
Just now, RedTwoster said:

I dunno, I’d happily see him booked in Arcade Anarchy matches from now until the end of time.

And yes, I’m only saying that as an excuse to post this:

I couldn’t find the match in full on YouTube, but even the highlights are a blast. 

I really do need to rewatch that match. The whole sequence from Statlander coming back out the claw machine, Sue driving a returning Trent to save the day, and the show ending with them all giving the thumbs up to Sue honking her horn in a minivan might be one of the best feel good endings ever to a TV wrestling show.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Frightful has confirmed that Starks and Miro are no longer under contract to AEW. 

Given that the table is pretty much set between now and Wrestlemania, I don’t think we’ll see Rusev on WWE TV until the Raw or Smackdown after ‘Mania. I wouldn’t object to him having a short run in NXT, it might do both him and the younger wrestlers there the world of good, and allow him to establish himself as a force again; much as Drew McIntyre did.

  • Paid Members
Posted

There’s an NXT Takeover on Saturday so I imagine one of them will probably appear there. With Oba Femi as NXT Champion I could kind of see Miro appearing there to challenge him. Starks seems most likely though. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

There’s an NXT Takeover on Saturday so I imagine one of them will probably appear there. With Oba Femi as NXT Champion I could kind of see Miro appearing there to challenge him. Starks seems most likely though. 

There’s also Josh Alexander kicking about. I would imagine Starks and Alexander will end up on NXT, Black will go to Smackdown and Miro/Rusev to Raw. And perhaps they’ll save both debuts until their brand’s post-Wrestlemania shows.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 10:42 AM, Supremo said:

Miro vs. Andrade should’ve been a winner and loser leaves town. I’ve no desire in seeing either of them ever again. Miro’s brilliant run as TNT Champion feels like decades ago. I refuse to believe there’s anyone other than Miro and CJ herself taking any enjoyment out of watching them play out their cuckhold fantasies on TV. Bore off.

From the World’s End 2023 thread! Prophecy fulfilled! Long term storytelling.

Edited by Supremo
Posted

Keep Miro as far away from WWE as possible. He's the classic early AEW ex WWE signing "he was so under appreciated and mis-used in WWE".

No, he had a great short term gimmick/run and has never been missed there since the day he left.

If he's to be used whatsoever in WWE have him to go TNA and do an NXT appearance every now and then to put over fresh, new and far more interesting guys.

Posted
1 hour ago, RedTwoster said:

I dunno, I’d happily see him booked in Arcade Anarchy matches from now until the end of time.

And yes, I’m only saying that as an excuse to post this:

I couldn’t find the match in full on YouTube, but even the highlights are a blast. 

Pandemic era AEW was peak AEW. 

I'm being dead serious.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Miro is great but he was born in the wrong era. He would have been far better suited to the territory days where he could go from place to place, have a great run as a monster heel for 6 months then fuck off to the next town with a tour of Japan in between. Modern day though he has a limit.

The same thing happened with him in AEW as it did in WWE. In WWE he had a fantastic run as the Russian Beast or whatever he was called until he put over the top babyface (Cena) and after that he was done. They tried a few things, the "Rusev Day" chant got over but it was all going nowhere. Then in AEW he came in, had that absolutely great TNT Champion run as "God's Champion" but once he lost it it was the same thing of "well, now what?". He didn't seem to know either because he basically did the exact same nonsensical promo every week for months afterwards.

The man is extremely talented but he's a classic case of too good to be a mid carder but not good enough to be a main event player and it's always impossible to know what to do with those acts, I assume he'll end up back in WWE and have a bit of a nothing run. If he was so inclined he could probably do extremely well for himself in New Japan but I don't think he'd be bothered.

Posted

This might be another silly idea, but Miro I think could have been great as the muscle in the Death Riders. Just have him as the suited and booted silent muscle that steps in whenever things get a bit hairy. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Pandemic era AEW was peak AEW. 

I'm being dead serious.

I fully agree. From the hottest crowds in those first 2019 shows I think had they had full crowds in this era it would have been so memorable. 

I love this first year aew

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...