Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 https://wrestletalk.com/news/aew-star-departing-company-leyla-hirsch/ Leyla Hirsch leaves AEW which is hardly a surprise as she's quite easily forgotten. Don't think she has enough to go to either of the other 2 big promotions so will probably focus on the Indy circuit Quote
Infinity Land Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 42 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: https://wrestletalk.com/news/aew-star-departing-company-leyla-hirsch/ Leyla Hirsch leaves AEW which is hardly a surprise as she's quite easily forgotten. Don't think she has enough to go to either of the other 2 big promotions so will probably focus on the Indy circuit Meant to be a few deals coming up that won't be renewed. Hardly a surprise as AEW's still signing people. There's no Rampage, no Dark, ROH is more of an afterthought that ever before. They can't even keep up the pretence of busy work for a lot of signed talents. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 Yeah not too surprised about Hirsch but still a bit of a shame. She’s a good underdog babyface with a unique life story that makes it easy to root for her. Game to take big bumps/go for nutty high spots, also has the Taz factor of being a tiny person who can suplex much much larger people. Confidence and promos are an issue, but her absolutely abysmal luck with injuries has been the biggest problem. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 3 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: https://wrestletalk.com/news/aew-star-departing-company-leyla-hirsch/ Leyla Hirsch leaves AEW which is hardly a surprise as she's quite easily forgotten. Don't think she has enough to go to either of the other 2 big promotions so will probably focus on the Indy circuit I liked her, and I could see her turning up in TNA, and being a nice addition to their women’s roster. With WWE having a women’s tag division, I wouldn’t be completely surprised to see her there - I could see her being really good as part of a tag team. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 I was a fan of Leyla Hirsch, as I was other "AEW Originals" during their prime days, but as with others in the company they either vanished off TV for extended amounts of time, or got relegated to the black hole that is ROH. Not so much in Leyla's case because of the injuries, but she's one of many "What ifs" in AEW, especially the women's division. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 1, 2025 Posted March 1, 2025 This was what really sold me on Leyla and always hoped for big success for her in the years following. Sad to see it never really happened for various reasons in AEW but she absolutely has something to offer a TNA or similar. I'd be happy with her turning up in WWE if I believed they'd book her strongly but they've had similar wrestlers they've failed. And there's not really much room for her in NXT right now. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 According to Fightful, Rey Fenix is now a free agent and is on his way to WWE. I hope they keep him away from Penta for the time being at least. As much as I enjoyed the Lucha Bros, I think there’s much more to gain from using them as singles stars. Although New Day vs Lucia Bros could be a load of fun. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 3, 2025 Posted March 3, 2025 I hope Fenix doesn't turn into another Dragon Lee or whoever else before him too. Talented guys who just don't seem to catch on with the crowds for various reasons, booking or otherwise. At least Penta has something of a different aura about him. Sticking Fenix with him might actually be the best possible option for introducing him to the WWE audience even though I'd enjoy them separately myself. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 51 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I hope Fenix doesn't turn into another Dragon Lee or whoever else before him too. Talented guys who just don't seem to catch on with the crowds for various reasons, booking or otherwise. At least Penta has something of a different aura about him. Sticking Fenix with him might actually be the best possible option for introducing him to the WWE audience even though I'd enjoy them separately myself. I definitely think Rey needs Lucha Bros more than Penta does. That said I think Penta’s had 5 matches and only 3 opponents, so he’s not exactly having a big run right now. I do worry they both have a ceiling as singles on the main roster so the tag division maybe calling in the next few months. Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 5, 2025 Posted March 5, 2025 I was hoping Penta might get a singles IC match against Bron at Mania, they teased it with a backstage segment a few weeks back but not followed up on it. I see Fenix saving him from a beatdown and being introduced that way. Probably too soon but I'd be up for Lucha Bro's vs New Day at Mania for the belts. Quote
Infinity Land Posted March 7, 2025 Posted March 7, 2025 Might have missed Zak Knight during the week with ROH/AEW. Meltzer is also reporting that Abadon and Nick Comoroto will be finishing up once their deals run out. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 Just now, Infinity Land said: Might have missed Zak Knight during the week with ROH/AEW. Meltzer is also reporting that Abadon and Nick Comoroto will be finishing up once their deals run out. Zak was a favour hirer and not only did nothing of note, but wanted to spend time with his family at home, which I don't blame him for, but I didn't feel it was going to work out. Bully Ray will no doubt rant about it as he is (the only?) big fan of his, but he won't be missed. They never seemed to know what to do with Abadon. She was quite good in ring, obviously striking gimmick, but another I am not shocked by. I like Nick though. Pretty green, but a unique look. Another like Abadon who probably suffered after Dark/Dark Elevation went away. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted March 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 Aww I like Abadon, that’s a shame. The gimmick is brilliant but also a little bit limiting as they’re pretty articulate and funny but didn’t get to show so much of it. Had a soft spot for Nicky Boy too. Knight is no loss. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted March 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 Always had a soft spot for Abadon and in the time I was watching she was getting better and consequently getting more in-ring time. Not surprised to see that was knocked on the head to make room for people from other companies and Japanese stars so unknown they cause pages long arguments on here. She'd fit right in TNA and hopefully with the NXT connection could get a bit of a showing on there too. It's all in the gimmick and WWE/TNA are way better suited to that than AEW ever was. Imagine the likes of Chelsea Green reacting to Abadon, that's way more entertaining than shotting her onto Dark for a nothing match against Red Velvet every 6 weeks. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted March 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 18 minutes ago, JLM said: Aww I like Abadon, that’s a shame. The gimmick is brilliant but also a little bit limiting as they’re pretty articulate and funny but didn’t get to show so much of it. Had a soft spot for Nicky Boy too. Knight is no loss. Abadon is a fun look and a nice bit of a novelty but I just think it's a gimmick that makes everyone else look stupid. Like being involved with the Boogeyman back in the day. I liked Comoroto too. A big guy who could go and was a favourite of mine on Dark. Probably doesn't have the personality and work to be a name but I'd rather have him around doing jobs that some of the people on TV every week. And that's undisputed. I look at their roster page on Wikipedia from time to time and still don't remember Knight is employed in between times. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.