Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Surprised they were interested. He's very short and bad at anything character/promo related. Can't see him going anywhere. 

Height doesn’t seem to be much of a factor in WWE anymore, although promo ability certainly is. Still, if he can look like a machine in ring and they give him a manager, maybe that’s a way around his limitations. 

Posted

I've enjoyed Cobb over the years. At the moment he feels more like a signing to stop AEW from having him rather than someone I see thriving in the current WWE landscape. Just not sure where he'd fit in right now.

Posted
10 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

According to Fightful, WWE have signed Jeff Cobb. Can’t say I’ve seen much of him outside of his match with Moxley in AEW, and his run as Matanza in Lucha Underground - and he didn’t always look the best there. 

What’s he like as an in ring talent these days? Is he any good on the mic?

He was great as Matanza in LU though to be fair, it's been nearly 10 years since it first aired and I've recently downloaded all seasons to watch again. It was a much needed boost when WWE was the shits(bar NXT) and brought many current wrestlers to the forefront. I miss Dario shouting " VIOLENCE". What an amazing character he was. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Matanza is definitely the blueprint they should work from. Easily the best thing Cobb has ever done. I’d love them to build a new, mad character, where he comes in as a masked destroyer similar to that. A thousand times more interesting and exciting than another lad just coming in with the same name and gimmick you’ve seen in AEW or New Japan.

Fuck it. Just buy the gimmick. Bring in Dario as his manager. Build to Bron Breakker at Summerslam. Then Jacob Fatu at the following Wrestlemania.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted

I still believe that the Monster Matanza is one of the best builds and debuts of all time. They teased the character for ages and I was convinced there was no way that they could present a character that lived up to that kind of hype, but they managed it. I miss LU so much!

I'd be well up for WWE bringing him in as a masked monster. Let him be what Chad Gable finds in his quest to take down the luchadors.

Posted
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Let him be what Chad Gable finds in his quest to take down the luchadors.

I’d love to know where they’re going with this. I hope it leads to a mask vs mask match with Penta or Rey or whoever, and Gable is devastated when he loses. Starts crying and refuses to unmask as it’s a sacred tradition. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think they'd struggle to do anything with Jeff Cobb in a Matanza-like role, because he won't look like the same kind of monster in WWE - even though it's not The Land Of The Giants any more, he'll still look shorter when in a WWE ring next to some of their talent than he did working luchadores in a very heavily-edited TV show. He's still an absolute unit, though, and capable of really impressive stuff - he could fill a similar role to Rhyno as a squat, midcard monster. 

I think the best use of him is probably as part of a tag team, as I imagine he'd make a great hot tag guy for a smaller partner. But Triple H booking of new signings, dating back to the early days of his NXT, tends to be bringing people in with a "you know this guy from the other place he wrestled!", or "he's held titles all over the world!", rather than finding a new role or a new spot for them in WWE, so I imagine he'll just be slotted into Bronson Reed's spot instead. Or there's every possibility that they just stick him in NXT, even though he's in his 40s and has been wrestling for years.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah Lucha Underground had such great production it managed to convince everyone that Mil Muertes was a 7 foot monster when in reality he's as short as your nan. No way WWE could pull off what LU did with Jeff Cobb. It's basically impossible outside that environment. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted
13 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Mina Shirakawa is leaving Stardom at the end of the month and is moving to the states, probably signing on full time with AEW.

Excellent news!

Apparently it's a contract year for Mariah May. I expect AEW will offer her big bucks to stay. As they should. She's incredible. If she went to WWE she'd do well for herself but as a viewer it'd be a shame. She'd have to tone her act down a lot and she's at her best when she pushes things to the extreme. 

Posted

They should definitely do everything they can to keep Mariah. If she's as good as she is now at 26, she's one they can absolutely build upon in years to come. Toni gets a lot of praise (and rightfully so) but it takes two to tango and it wouldn't have worked nearly as well if Mariah wasn't up to the performance.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Karl Anderson on Tik Tok, just enjoying a coffee. Nothing out of the ordinary. No subtle hints via the medium of hoodies about where he and Gallows might next steal a living for three years.

IMG_1555.thumb.jpeg.459782a7090befb8c74886d3a1283016.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...