Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, AshC said:

If they repackage him, he's potentially a big deal. Fuck it, I'd make him the new Undertaker. Wondertaker. Thundertaker. 😂 

The American Bad-Cass

  • Paid Members
Posted

if him and Jericho were a tag team they would have been pretty good. The faded past his prime heel veteran hiding behind his young, hench protege. Easy to have some fun with that. But it would have required Jericho to share the spotlight rather than be a singles act and he clearly wanted a lackey to get him over and keep relevant rather than equal screen time to get someone else over.

  • Paid Members
Posted

so many of my AEW criticisms come down to the Trios Titles, but the Learning Tree never fought for those belts. What's the point of having a Trios division when half the Trios you form don't care about the titles? It would have been a way to keep Jericho in the mix without him having to work too many singles matches, and they could tell the story of him hiding behind Bill and Keith and using them to do his dirty work while convincing them he was mentoring them and they were benefitting from it. Instead he walked out without ever putting them over, then walked back in without acknowledging either of them, even though he's now feuding with a guy who leads a Trio.

  • Paid Members
Posted

He had a decent little run in TNA/Impact Wrestling as William Morrissey. Plenty of squash matches on Impact, and some matches where he got close to winning but still looked strong in defeat on PPVs against the proper stars. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’d say that Big Bill would probably be better off in WWE given his size, but neither main company is particularly good at using talented big man wrestlers at the moment. Even Brody King, who is undoubtedly getting featured, still feels very underutilised. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

From reports his contract is coming up soon. No indication of what might happen. But his wife works at AEW. So I’d assume unless Tony lowballs, or WWE REALLY show interest, he’ll re-up.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

Ah yes, completely forgot about that, with that added to the improvements others have pointed out I wasn't aware of much, I hope he can stay in AEW

I do wonder from the WWE side of things, who could possibly leave or be let go, go to AEW and seemingly, and subjectively I guess to a point, improve themselves in really any aspect of the pro wrestling game? 

I mean, it’s already happened. It’s not just about improving wrestling ability, it’s about establishing yourself and developing a character. Toni Storm became ‘Timeless’, Swerve established himself as a main eventer and even people like Dean Ambrose and Christian Cage were able to develop characters that would draw big if they were to return to WWE. Reigns vs Ambrose is unlikely to ever have main evented a Wrestlemania, but Jon Moxley? That would be a fascinating dynamic if it ever happened (doubt it will, don’t want it to)

Improvement can come in the form of personas/gimmicks too, basically. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Enzo has been at the Performance Center recently.. of course people are putting two and two together with Cass' contract coming up.

It feels unlikely, but there have been rumblings on the pinch-of salt-worthy news sites about WWE trying to rebuild its tag division, potentially with bringing in some established acts. I suppose you could view Enzo and Cass that way. Not sure I would, but maybe Triple H thinks there's a nostalgia run in there. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mim731 said:

It feels unlikely, but there have been rumblings on the pinch-of salt-worthy news sites about WWE trying to rebuild its tag division, potentially with bringing in some established acts. I suppose you could view Enzo and Cass that way. Not sure I would, but maybe Triple H thinks there's a nostalgia run in there. 

Curious that the MCMG's were let go then, I'm guessing they didn't want to take a pay cut like The New Day.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted

They're completely incapable of booking a tag division in any sustained way. They burn through everything so fast and then get stuck in an endless loop. It always happens. No wonder no one gives a shit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...