AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Is Dante's brother as good as him? I can't really pinpoint much of their matches before he got injured, but if he can come back strong, it could really add something to the tag division.

Dante was the stand out as you often get in brother tag teams. Like with Jeff Hardy and Edge.

But they were on a good run pre injury as a team. Be interesting if they become a Trio or if they will bin of Lio when he is back.

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Don’t get the Abadon gimmick at all, I’ve seen pics of her without the weird contacts and blood and shit and she’s a bit of a fox who would suit a more punk or goth gimmick, bit like Shotzi but without the tank or wolf howls

The last thing wrestling needs is yet another woman with a goth/punk gimmick, plus it would mean Abadon would actually have to wrestle. I seem to remember hearing that she's really in to Visual Kei and to be fair that style of goth would have her standing out a little.

I really enjoyed the main. I like the way it played out like a horror with Britt's great 'ahhhh help meee' expressions. I even liked the table not breaking and Abadon selling it corpse like before doing the sit-up. I'm coming round to Britt, enjoy her matches a lot more now and it was great to actually hear the crowd against her rather than split. Abadon basically being ludicrously indestructible was fun, felt like Baker was just happy to have pinned her long enough for them all to leg it! 

Eddie Kingston though, man. Loved how real that interruption felt, as @Chris Bsaid, Eddie is amazing because you can't help but invest in him and how he can't help causing shit because his emotions and pride get so carried away that he causes his own shit a lot of the time. He's brilliant. 

Edited by Chili

• Awards Moderator

Really good episode. Danielson and Kingston was just excellent, and I’ll have that Punk vs. Eddie match at Full Gear, please, thank you very much indeed.

Main event was a nice Halloweeny way to showcase Britt as the massive star she has become. Talk about your pillars of AEW, she is one of them without question.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I thought Danielson/Kingston was great. Everything Bryan has done has been mint. His chest looked on par if not worse than it did after he went 75 minutes in that Saudi Royal Rumble.

I liked the interaction with Kingston and Punk but it felt a little forced. Not really sure what Eddie's problem was. I know Excalibur said he misinterpreted Punk but even so, was there really anything there to misinterpret? 

I'd have to watch it back because its probably gone over my head. Hopefully this is a proper program between the two and something for Punk to sink his teeth into.

In a company that has alot of flippy guys. Dante Martin stands out and I always see something I've never seen before from him. The way he head scissored (?) Sydal into the turnbuckle was just beautifully done. Everything he does is done with such grace. I think AEW has a 5th pillar.

25 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

I liked the interaction with Kingston and Punk but it felt a little forced. Not really sure what Eddie's problem was. I know Excalibur said he misinterpreted Punk but even so, was there really anything there to misinterpret? 

Just think of it as Roy Keane kicking off on Patrick Vieira for looking at Gary Neville funny.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, rollthedice said:

It's not anything Punk did. Eddie was coping badly with his loss and transferred his anger at himself for losing onto the nearest available target, CM Punk. It's the emotional equivalent of a guy spoiling for a fight deciding someone looked at him funny. Eddie's been told all his life that he isn't good enough to be where he wants to be in wrestling so when that's proven true by a loss he loses his head and lashes out, at least that's how I read it.

• Paid Members

My daughter's expert view on the Kingston/Punk segment "Why are wrestlers so mean to each other?"

Absolutely fantastic segment. The look on both guys faces at the end was money. The difference between playing pull apart and selling it. Brock Lesnar energy from the lads.

Max Caster's line on Johnny Ace was amazing. Goat.

Adam Cole can still fuck off. Prick. John Silver 4 life.

Cracking hour of tv. 

Acclaimed rap then Bowens match with Danielson was good. 

Punk & Kingston was just brilliant. Can see Punk enjoy going towards the being a dick, and Kingston thrive knowing he needs to be his best or will get chewed up. Just had a massive smile on my face start to finish. 

Jungle Boy is still so awkward talking. His hands by his side just looks so nervous. 

HFO theme gives me the fear, least they kept Bunny and Red Velvet short. Velvet inviting the giant Jade into the ring post match when she should be wary of the size difference is pure Brandi tho 

John Silver vs Budge. The mark Henry interview was fun. Give me some BTE with silver and Henry. Wouldn’t have had Cole on tv Friday after the Conchairto two days before. Kinda thing wwe has been slated for for years to not sell big things, this could have waited till Wednesday. Liked silver catching the low blow. Great near fall. Cole gave him a lot in the match, but caught him out with a good finish. How all good upper vs lower card matches should be

ricky starks adds nothing to commentary. Only seems to come alive when it’s Picture in Picture