AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Terrific show. Built to a crescendo with that outstanding Pac/Andrade match and then a brilliant post-match angle with and interesting Andrade/Black alliance before everybody's hero stormed in to clear up. Cody! Cody! Cody!

Love Anna Jay and Tay Conti. Really hope one of them is positioned to be the one to beat Britt in a year or two.

Only complaint on the show is too many commentators. The finishing sequence was chaos with them all screaming. 

6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Only complaint on the show is too many commentators. The finishing sequence was chaos with them all screaming. 

It's weird that they haven't learnt that yet. It's been quite a few weeks and the commentary has always been the worst part of the show.

Yeah another great hour that flew by.

Reckon it's Conti/Britt at the PPV, she's the number one in the rankings and they started the angle here.

Would have liked to have seen Hobbs get a big win but it was pretty obvious it would be OC from the Moxley/Yuta match last week.

Pac/Andrade was brilliant and has said could watch these two go 20 minutes every week. Last night tells me that Cody is definitely beating Black tonight though.

Black/Andrade is a strange alliance to me so wonder if it will carry on a bit or was just for this.

• Awards Moderator
11 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Black/Andrade is a strange alliance to me so wonder if it will carry on a bit or was just for this.

With Andrade’s use of FTR against the Lucha Bros last week, and now this, I think the idea is he’ll ally with whoever he needs to to get what he wants.

The main event was outstanding. That closing stretch! I say it most weeks he wrestles but PAC is just the best.

Good showing for Anna Jay as well. I’m excited for Tay to get a shot at the title. I’m not sure if she’d win but she’s been on a real roll recently and I’d quite happily have her as champion.

Arn making the shooting sign. Already better than the time Bray done it. 

minor peeve, when did wrestlers start standing in the bottom rope to be put over it from a clothesline? Bothered me for a while noticing it glaringly with Gallows, but Andrade did it last night and just looks shit as it’s so unnatural 

That was one of the stronger Rampage shows by my estimation, and Pac/Andrade was, as you'd expect, phenomenal. It's a little bit deflating to see them (apparently) persist with babyface Cody, although he undeniably received a positive reaction last night. That said, I don't think that will last. 

Bit of a random thought, but I'd love to see Britt mix it up with Paige VanZant at some point. I feel like there's something there with Paige that they really need to tap into, and I like the idea of her being the one to finally turn Britt face. 

I really like the idea of Moxley smashing the fuck out of 10, then doing the same to Cassidy, before having quite a brutal (but safe) match with Danielson, on his way to a heel turn. I love babyface Moxley, but I think there's tremendous potential in him as a heel right now. If he ends up facing Hangman and losing, I reckon there's money in Moxley/Kingston again, with the roles reversed from last time round. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Bit of a random thought, but I'd love to see Britt mix it up with Paige VanZant at some point. I feel like there's something there with Paige that they really need to tap into, and I like the idea of her being the one to finally turn Britt face. 

Is VanZant even interested in being a wrestler? I assume once the America Top Team stuff finishes in a few weeks she'll never be seen again. Think you're jumping the gun a bit. Has she had any training?

15 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Is VanZant even interested in being a wrestler? I assume once the America Top Team stuff finishes in a few weeks she'll never be seen again. Think you're jumping the gun a bit. Has she had any training?

Well her bare knuckle fighting career isnt exactly blossoming so once that money dries up she could be tempted, although I did see someone on Twitter a while back slagging her off for doing nudes so assume she has an OnlyFans which I'd imagine will make her a decent chunk of change 

37 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

WWE apparently showed interest in her in the past. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not talking about it being a full-time gig, I'm talking about a Shaq-style exhibition match. She seems to be an increasing focus of the Inner Circle segments, and she plays her part really well. They clearly can't give her her comeuppance, so Britt would be perfect. Seeing Britt interact with Dan Lambert could also be a lot of fun. 

Paige vanZant plays her heel role really well, but I found it really uncomfortable watching a fat man having a midlife crisis call her a bitch, and then an arena full of men chanting "bitch" at her.

Andrade vs PAC 2 was stellar. Months between matches too. I'd imagine we'd be on match 5 of 7 elsewhere. Love Andrade taking his sweet time getting into fight mode, and PAC's shrug to the crowd after kicking Andrade on the face was brilliant. I'm all for a Malakai and Andrade alliance - those two in matching but alternately-coloured suits and top knots, reclining in expensive chairs, surrounded by many leather-bound books, smelling of rich mahogany, will look the business. Ripe for fantasy booking too, with Andrade's comment about having friends all over the world. Naito in NJPW? The Zelina connection? I wish, but no hope.

Edited by CavemanLynn

Danielson vs Kingston was fantastic, if you haven’t watched it, go out of your way to do so. What an addition Danielson has been to AEW, it’s one incredible match after another for the guy. 

On the other hand, I hated Baker vs Abadon. Once you get past the gimmick, Abadon just isn’t very good.

11 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

On the other hand, I hated Baker vs Abadon. Once you get past the gimmick, Abadon just isn’t very good.

It’s not even much of a gimmick. It’s just Bo Selecta Scary Spice

”I’m Abadon, I’m a right scary bastard, MMMMRRRAAAGGHH!...shit yourself, didn’t ya?”

Edited by WyattSheepMask