AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

10 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

This is your best post ever.

Tony K's pettiness searching Twitter and making posts about how good AEW is reminds me of that bloke in the UK Wrestling Events that couldn't let a comment go and always had to have the last word. I can imagine Tony is a right prick in real life.

As has been said it will be interesting how he behaves when it isn't going to plan, what he does now is fairly funny but if he does it if the shit hits the fan it will become very old very quick.

Eh.

I mean, he had everybody clowning on him when he was posting the week before because lots of people seemed to think they had no chance against Smackdown, even if it was on FS1. I don't begrudge the man doing a little reverse clowning on those people when they did so well.

Oh yeah, I think it is proper shithousing. Most people, including most business people would let it be, for example you wouldn't expect the CEO of Tesco start tweeting sarcastic comments to some random retail blogger.

It is funny, but also a bit unhinged. He's obviously insecure about his company if he needs to go out and sing it's praises and correct people. He's done no different to what the poster did in choosing which stats he wants to call out. As I say it is funny, but in my opinion it could cause him to lose credibility outside the AEW fanbase if it continues if it goes tits up.

3 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

As I say it is funny, but in my opinion it could cause him to lose credibility outside the AEW fanbase if it continues if it goes tits up.

I think this comes back to AEW not being his main business and it being a plaything. If AEW doesn’t work, his data analysis is his main bag so he has that to fall back on. That’s why it’s different for Vince. 

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think this comes back to AEW not being his main business and it being a plaything. If AEW doesn’t work, his data analysis is his main bag so he has that to fall back on. That’s why it’s different for Vince. 

Head of a whole company is probably higher on his resume than head of data analysis is at this point. It’s demeaning to describe the success as being his plaything at this point 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

He's done no different to what the poster did in choosing which stats he wants to call out.

Nah, that's not true. Billionaire Tone is very consistent in his use of the 18-49 numbers as being important. WWE have in the past stated the same (though I think they use 18-34). It's fine if you don't think he should. In his position, I'd probably shut off from it too tbh, but he's not making it up as he goes.

7 minutes ago, Louch said:

Head of a whole company is probably higher on his resume than head of data analysis is at this point. It’s demeaning to describe the success as being his plaything at this point 

He owns and runs TruMedia Networks. Over 60% of MLB teams use them. NFL use them as do TV companies. He and his company are an industry leader, he’s hardly head of data analysis. 

EDIT - He’s also a co owner of an NFL team and a former Premier League football team. Head of data analysis indeed. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

3 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Shitposters rise up.

I think he should ramp it up if anything. He should write the ratings numbers on his balls and caption it “Suck this, Hunter” and suchlike. It would be absolutely magnificent. 

• Paid Members

Tony Khan going nuts on Twitter has been incredible. It’s the greatest pay off to WWE’s longest running angle.

For what’s felt like decades everything has been geared towards the company and the McMahons being positioned as the heel against the hardcore fans, with little to no catharsis. And now the king of the hardcore fans keeps humiliating them every time they pick a fight, revelling in it online.

I keep waiting for Tony to tweet Triple H and Vince directly, hitting them with an old fashioned, “u ok hun?” Surely it’s only a matter of time.

You know how Vince buried WCW names so he could laugh at them like a massive roided baby? That would never happen in AEW would it. Little Tone would make them a star and watch loads of others jump ship, then do a Tik Tok video of them all sneezing and smoking before getting his cock out.