AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Louch said:

It makes aew look lesser than if one of their top guys isn’t on tv for two months as he’s more interested in wrestling elsewhere. Omega never missed a dynamite to do tna, moxley doesn’t miss dynamite to do GCW. 

The G1 doesn't run for two months. In a typical year it's basically a month crossing from July - August. Which means he'd be there for Double or Nothing and All Out. The time away will be sold as like he's off competing in the wrestling Olympics. Plus you'd have whoever his opponent at All Out cutting promos on him and interviews/video packages to keep him in mind of the TV viewers.

27 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Lesser to who? The people watching NJPW?

To anyone who has social media and has no idea who new Japan are, but why’s he away there and not here?

6 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

The G1 doesn't run for two months. In a typical year it's basically a month crossing from July - August. Which means he'd be there for Double or Nothing and All Out. The time away will be sold as like he's off competing in the wrestling Olympics. Plus you'd have whoever his opponent at All Out cutting promos on him and interviews/video packages to keep him in mind of the TV viewers.

”the wrestling olympics”!? New japans been stone cold and getting colder for 18 months. AEW has surpassed it in all ways and has many fresh matches for Danielson. 

you can wish it all you want, but aew are a business with their own interests first to grow and aren’t gonna loan away stars for that long in the sumner period where tv ratings are challenging enough 

9 minutes ago, Louch said:

To anyone who has social media and has no idea who new Japan are, but why’s he away there and not here?

”the wrestling olympics”!? New japans been stone cold and getting colder for 18 months. AEW has surpassed it in all ways and has many fresh matches for Danielson. 

you can wish it all you want, but aew are a business with their own interests first to grow and aren’t gonna loan away stars for that long in the sumner period where tv ratings are challenging enough 

I'm not wishing anything.

Can't imagine what's happened in the last 18 months to effect business in Japan?

If Danielson wants to do it, he’s doing it. This isn’t wwe, deducting twitch income from their downside. He held all the cards in that contract negotiation and I don’t see a stint for him in G1 as a deal breaker for Tony Khan. The questions will be, can he get permission from Bri and are covid restrictions still about. 

17 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Apparently Pac vs Andrade II (which was taped last night for this coming Friday) was better than their first match and may be the best match ever on Rampage. So, got that to look forward to.

When I saw the announcement for that, on this week's Rampage, I was stunned that no one else had bought it up already. The first match was excellent. I love PAC. Being from the North East I very much treat him as my 'home team' when it comes to wrestling and his match with Andrade was the best that Andrade has looked since his best of a thousand series with Rey.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Hangman wasn’t away on another wrestling show for two months. They aren’t comparable at all. Khan has been happy to do favours on guys days off, but why would he send new Japan a headliner while they send him opening match multi man wrestlers? Suzuki hasn’t been seen as good enough for the G1 for a Few years now.

His business is to get the most people watching dynamite and rampage as he can. Weakening his show for that long to do a favour ain’t happening .

But, again, he clearly doesn't see NJPW as competition, otherwise he wouldn't have made an effort to feature their wrestlers and promote their shows on his TV. He's flat out said that he sees the benefits in everybody working together. Jericho was even on the WWE Network not that long ago.

I went nuts for Suzuki coming out in AEW, which I would never have done if I hadn't started watching NJPW because of Moxley. Similarly I wouldn't have know who Jay White, El Phantasmo or FinJuice were when they turned up in Impact. In fact I wouldn't even be watching Impact if AEW hadn't spotlighted it. That's two promotions full of wrestlers that I now recognise because companies are working together. Surely that's good for AEW and wrestling as a whole?

Even you disagree about that then surely it's better than the alternative? Which is Danielson fucking off when his contract expires and doing the G1 then. He's said he really wants to do it and he's not the kind of guy to let anything get in the way of his ambitions. Isn't it better to just.....let him? Get the good will from NJPW, and the fans and from Danielson himself, rather than losing him all-together in a few years?

As I said, the AEW roster is fucking loaded. Danielson's great but he's not 1980s Hulk Hogan or 1998 Steve Austin and carrying the promotion on his own. They will easily be able to manage without him and probably even incorporate it into their storylines. It won't hurt them in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, hallicks said:

If Danielson wants to do it, he’s doing it. This isn’t wwe, deducting twitch income from their downside. He held all the cards in that contract negotiation and I don’t see a stint for him in G1 as a deal breaker for Tony Khan. The questions will be, can he get permission from Bri and are covid restrictions still about. 

He's already been asked and talked about it. It's something that he wants to do, but with the quarantine requirements it's a non-starter until that changes.

Everyone who’s signed with aew has talked up going to New Japan. It’s a nice thing to say, but if you wanna be gullible enough to think main event talent are gonna go at the expense of AEW tv show and ratings you are welcome to invest in my magic bean business anytime you want. 

we have seen with their tournaments they don’t add in all top talent to limit how often they lose. Sending him to trade wins with chase owens and tama Tonga really make sense to you? 

@unfitfinlayif happily he fucks off to Japan now as He’s not for me as a talent. But makes no difference to how a business is likely to work that’s main revenue is how many people watch it’s product. Handicapping that to be pals with new Japan ain’t adding anything to their bottom line 

2 minutes ago, Louch said:

Everyone who’s signed with aew has talked up going to New Japan. It’s a nice thing to say, but if you wanna be gullible enough to think main event talent are gonna go at the expense of AEW tv show and ratings you are welcome to invest in my magic bean business anytime you want. 

we have seen with their tournaments they don’t add in all top talent to limit how often they lose. Sending him to trade wins with chase owens and tama Tonga really make sense to you? 

@unfitfinlayif happily he fucks off to Japan now as He’s not for me as a talent. But makes no difference to how a business is likely to work that’s main revenue is how many people watch it’s product. Handicapping that to be pals with new Japan ain’t adding anything to their bottom line 

You're assuming that Danielson just has some kind of verbal or handshake deal with Khan they he can go work NJPW and that it isn't something written into his contract. I'd be susprised if it isn't, given the whole time before he even debuted we heard that his decision was, in large part, going to be made by which company is going to give him the freedom to work NJPW.

You keep mentioning business which is fair enough, but this isn’t Khans main business interest. It’s his hobby. He doesn’t expect to make money on this for a few years at least. His other businesses and family wealth make the money that allows AEW to exist. Someone pissing off for a month won’t affect the balance sheet. 

I think I preferred the women's division when it was just Kenny booking his favourite schoolgirls, the matches and feuds on the main shows have been dogshit rough ever since DMD became champion. And I'm not putting the blame on Britt, it's the booking and the mad idea to push the likes of Penelope and The Bunny over so many others on the roster.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Louch said:

I feel like I'm repeating myself here but losing him for a couple of months isn't handicapping the product at all. The roster is loaded and pretty much anyone can take time off for whatever reason, whether that's to spend time with their newborn son, tour with their band or fulfil a career long dream. Again, Hangman just took two months off and the promotion didn't miss a beat.

Whether you think it's smart business or not, it's clearly how Khan sees it. Going by your logic how does AEW dedicating their TV time to promoting NJPW, Impact and NWA shows, titles and wrestlers help their bottom line?

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You keep mentioning business which is fair enough, but this isn’t Khans main business interest. It’s his hobby. He doesn’t expect to make money on this for a few years at least. His other businesses and family wealth make the money that allows AEW to exist. Someone pissing off for a month won’t affect the balance sheet. 

Quite. I also think Khan would be fapping like billy-o along with the rest of the New Japan fans at the idea of Daniel Bryan in the G1.