AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

I presume its ratings jargon, but what the hell are 'fast nationals' and how does that differ to normal ratings? A pleb like me doesn't understand what that tweet even means.

It’s numbers from top markets that are then used to project the nationwide numbers 

Tony Khan really is becoming the Impact version of himself this week:

"Whatever people what to watch, I want them to watch it. Unfortunately, if we are on at the same time it’s harder for people to watch their wrestling, at least live. We can take the commercials out of it. If you want to take the commercials out of it, I can do that too. It doesn’t seem very civil but I have more money than they do so I can afford to do that longer than they can. But that’s how we make money at the end of the day, so I was surprised when they took those out."

Edited by 69MeDon

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Bixenspan's name seems to pop up in every other post on here these days, and I still haven't a clue who he is or why anyone should care what he's on about.

Can be a good historical touchstone, likes to cause problems, shit of a person, looks like a burnt tramp. 

• Paid Members

Good explanation from https://showbuzzdaily.com/showbuzz-basics

• Fast Nationals.  The first look at the national ratings from the night before, released around 11 am ET seven days a week, 365 days a year. The ratings come from the National PeopleMeter sample of over 25,000 people in over 10,000 homes nationwide.  The fast nationals are time period ratings, measuring what viewers watched on each network affiliate during primetime.  They are fairly accurate as long as a network did not carry a program live to all time zones and as long as there weren’t any significant local pre-emptions.
      • Official Nationals.  Precise program ratings, usually released around 4 pm ET the next business day.  These ratings measure program viewing, whether it was in the scheduled time period or not.  For example, if the ABC station in Detroit carried the ESPN Monday Night Football game in primetime locally and delayed Dancing with the Stars to 2 am, the fast nationals for ABC primetime would be inflated because of the very high NFL viewing in Detroit.  The official nationals would replace that viewing with the 2 am telecast in the Detroit area in the official national Dancing program rating.

With Smackdown and Rampage, you're getting the fast nationals Saturday morning but the official nationals on Monday afternoon. For whatever reason, AEW's Fast Nationals are usually a little lower than their official nationals. So if you find out their fast national, you can leak it out and it does the rounds for a couple of days before you get the actual, higher figure.

Santana Garrett vs Tay Conti has been added to tonight’s Buy In show, makes you wonder why they didn’t just do a 2 hour edition of Rampage anyway as between both hours, it’s a solid 6 match card

Buy In

Santana Garrett vs Tay Conti

Bobby Fish vs Lee Moriaty 

Brian Danielson vs Minoru Suzuki

Rampage

CM Punk vs Matt Sydal

Ruby Soho vs The Bunny

Inner Circle vs Men of the Year/Junior Dos Santos

• Paid Members
Just now, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Santana Garrett vs Tay Conti has been added to tonight’s Buy In show, makes you wonder why they didn’t just do a 2 hour edition of Rampage anyway as between both hours, it’s a solid 6 match card

It pretty much is a 2-hour Rampage, just with the first hour being on Youtube so they probably can't advertise it as such.