AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

If nobody cares about ratings and people would prefer a promotion to "do their own thing" and not get into shit slinging, then fuck knows what all those documentaries and the victory parade WWE has been doing since winning a ratings war in the 90s and then buying their competiton are for. I can imagine Eric Bischoff posting that night's Raw results on his Twitter account in the 90s and lots of quote-tweets all concern trolling about how "this tribalism is toxic".

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

Three things I didn't like about the main event:

- It's not a street fight if you aren't dressed in jeans, boots, taped fists and kneepads over your trousers. It should be also wrestled like a brawl and not just random weapons shots. 

- Speaking of random weapons shots. Head shots with the bin lid and Starks going headfirst into the chair after having broke his neck recently. I thought we were supposed to be past stupid shit like this, no?

- Smaller guys should never do a spear. Goldberg, Reigns, Rhyno etc can do a spear. Edge, Christian and Ricky Starks absolutely should not. 

What I liked about the main event:

- Taz is fucking brilliant, as always. 

- Starks got the win over Cage, which tells me the idea isn't to placate Cage. "This is what we have for you big fella, if you're unhappy, you know what to do". Really, Cage should have stayed a heel and either Starks should have turned or else they never should have split them in the first place. Cage could be useful as the muscle in a group, but as a singles face I see nothing in him. 

Punk Vs Garcia was really good. Both men had a great outing there. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Really, Cage should have stayed a heel and either Starks should have turned or else they never should have split them in the first place. Cage could be useful as the muscle in a group, but as a singles face I see nothing in him. 

Completely agreed, and wonder if this is the start of writing him out - he seems a right ballache to work with, and he's as unnatural and unlikeable a babyface as you can get. The only appeal to him as a face would have been tearing through Team Taz, and that's obviously not the plan. 

16 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

If nobody cares about ratings and people would prefer a promotion to "do their own thing" and not get into shit slinging, then fuck knows what all those documentaries and the victory parade WWE has been doing since winning a ratings war in the 90s and then buying their competiton are for. I can imagine Eric Bischoff posting that night's Raw results on his Twitter account in the 90s and lots of quote-tweets all concern trolling about how "this tribalism is toxic".

They’d find other things, like football fans do. Probably do some shit about crowds in arenas without realising that unlike football, it’s actually possible to enjoy both. 

Apparently there will be a Rampage buy-in this Friday on YouTube that will include Danielson and Fish in seperate matches as preperation for their match on Saturday Dynamite.

Fish vs Lee Moriaty and not sure who the Danielson match will feature other than BD.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

They should bring that Raw Roulette wheel out for Danielson matches. Give it a spin on his way to the ring every Friday night to see what new match he’s having. Fenix? Garcia? Orange Cassidy? Dante Martin? Let’s go! 

9 minutes ago, Supremo said:

They should bring that Raw Roulette wheel out for Danielson matches. Give it a spin on his way to the ring every Friday night to see what new match he’s having. Fenix? Garcia? Orange Cassidy? Dante Martin? Let’s go! 

Careful. That's how you end up with a Brian Cage match.

What's everyone's thoughts on Alex McLucha Brothers?

Thought he was great as Penta's heel translator (for all of two weeks or whatever) but as a face I'm not feeling him. Bad ass masked Mexican champs don't need a geeky cheerleader in the background. Makes them feel less dangerous.

• Paid Members

What’s the deal with Brian Cage then? Why is seemingly everyone suddenly so sour on him including his own place of work?
Last time I saw him before this week was that decent match he had with Hangman.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

What’s the deal with Brian Cage then? Why is seemingly everyone suddenly so sour on him including his own place of work?
Last time I saw him before this week was that decent match he had with Hangman.

Him and his wife started bitching about him not being used a few weeks back. When he has been used he’s not pulled up any trees and just doesn’t feel like a fit in the company now 

I really don't mind Brian Cage, but he's very much in a Hercules 1991 situation (niche yeah) where what really do you do with him, he seems to have caused a bit of backstage chat but at the same time really in AEW, hit the end of his natural arc. Where does he go or who with? 

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I really don't mind Brian Cage, but he's very much in a Hercules 1991 situation (niche yeah) where what really do you do with him, he seems to have caused a bit of backstage chat but at the same time really in AEW, hit the end of his natural arc. Where does he go or who with? 

I don’t mind him either, just never seems threatening, he’s like a video game wrestler. Good moves but no expressions.

Given his size I’d not rule out wwe ever. New Japan needs anyone, and impact ain’t fussy. 

• Paid Members

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aew-rampage-ratings-down-big-against-mlb-playoffs-355956

Wasn't the best time for Tony Khan to go Billy big bollocks about beating Smackdown this coming Friday. This week's lineup, while probably going to produce a pretty decent show as usual, isn't likely to do great ratings. Anyway, they've been growing by staying the course of making consistently good TV, here's hoping they don't start getting reactionary in order to save face for a week. 

• Paid Members

I will not stand for any hatred of Alex Abrahantes. He gives me joy.

Stick Cage in a tag team with Marko Stunt. I believe he burnt his bridges with Impact, and he’s not very tall, so I don’t think Vince would want him, especially as juiced as he is/looks.