AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

2 hours ago, Perry said:

Sounds like Tony is turning into Eric Bischoff.  They'll be holding up signs on Dynamite saying Vince fears Khan next. 

Vince should fear Khan, when he sees his deal compared to how often he wrestles he will be gone 

23 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Anyone know what was up with the piped in crowd noise during Luchas vs Acclaimed? Was there a dodgy chant? Bit concerning.

Apparently the crowd starting chanting "fuck Ben Simmons" really loudly. I guess TNT said "nope" to that.

• Paid Members

Punk and Garcia was a really fun match worked brilliantly by them both. 2.0 are my favourite goofs in wrestling right now. Just so much enjoyment in those two idiots. 

Enjoyed The Acclaimed before Caster's faux pas. Nice to see them back on form. "Packing heat like Arn Anderson" cracked me up. Match was a bit throwaway which is a shame but it was never built.

The tbs belt should help give the women more focus. Can't see past Jade as first champ with a win over Rosa in the final.

Main event was fine. Not a Starks fan but he did a good job with Cage. Also enjoyed the tribute to his friend Chris Kanyon but otherwise, he really feels out of place here.

Not a chance they beat Smackdown. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Not a chance they beat Smackdown. 

It’s possible. Their FS1 ratings have been completely awful in the past. 

Agree on Cage. I don’t mind him, but I feel he’d be better off in MLW or ROH or similar.

• Paid Members

Last time Smackdown moved to FS1 it did the same rating in 18-49s that Rampage did last week. So it's certainly plausible you wind up with a Showbuzz Daily chart next week that has a list with AEW ahead of WWE. 

15 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Last time Smackdown moved to FS1 it did the same rating in 18-49s that Rampage did last week. So it's certainly plausible you wind up with a Showbuzz Daily chart next week that has a list with AEW ahead of WWE. 

And a million WWE stans on Twitter cried out in terror.

• Paid Members

Bearing in mind you've got four different comparisons:

* Total viewership for whole show.

* 18-49 for whole show.

* Total viewership during head-to-head period,

* 18-49 during head-to-head period

There's a very good chance of some incredibly tedious arguments about what counts as "winning". 

• Paid Members

I hear Smackdiwn's extra half hour will be given to Edge & Rollins inside hell in a cell. So does this just further put paid to the WWE company line of "we don't view AEW as competition?" or is it just coincidence? If I was TK I'd have some coffee spilling angle in the back involving two out of Punk, Jericho and Danielson then spin a match out of it in a nod to that bollocks with Kane way back when. Or even stick one of Danielson and Punk in the ring with somebody. What's Adam Cole up to? 

17 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I hear Smackdiwn's extra half hour will be given to Edge & Rollins inside hell in a cell. So does this just further put paid to the WWE company line of "we don't view AEW as competition?" or is it just coincidence? If I was TK I'd have some coffee spilling angle in the back involving two out of Punk, Jericho and Danielson then spin a match out of it in a nod to that bollocks with Kane way back when. Or even stick one of Danielson and Punk in the ring with somebody. What's Adam Cole up to? 

I just presumed that match would be in Saudi Arabia.