AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Rampage is on at 10pm on a Friday, I'm fucking amazed anyone is watching it live.

Brian Cage can be fun, but he's not very good really. He always has a short shelf life wherever he goes. He's done some decent stuff in AEW but outside of feeding him to Lance Archer or Miro I don't really see much use for him.

• Paid Members

How long before Tony goes full stereotypical wrestling promoter? By that I mean the ego, the attitude and paranoia (The full Vince, if you will). He already seems a lot different to even a year ago and the stress of a full company on your shoulders, along with the universal praise he gets will get even the strongest. Not many genuine folk with good intentions remain that way in the scummy world of professional wrestling.

I'm not saying it will happen, or that I want it to happen. Tony seems like a genuinely good egg who wants to make a change in the business, I really want him to succeed, even for a billionaire, he is as big a nerd as the rest of us and is living every 90's kids wrestling dream.

Brian Cage never looked cooler and more of a badass than he did here

The dude has an amazing look, he's athletic and can do mad moves for a bloke his size, he's just got the charisma and personality of a ham sandwich and is a shit face. He's got permanently smarmy smirk that would make him ideal as that dickhead jock bully heel if he had the ability to back it up with promos or even facial expresisons. Stick him under a mask like Matanza in Lucha Underground or fuck him off to ROH.

Hmmm WWE moves to Fox’s sports channel and gets an extra half hour for SD so AEW decides to have a pre show for their secondary show, something they haven’t previously in it’s short history, and throw a dream match in Danielson/Suzuki on it

Yep we’re full on back in 97/98 with the oneupmanship now aren’t we?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Flag shagger promotion confirmed.

They're a flag shagging country. Being honest, I always loved it when I was younger. America the beautiful, stars and stripes and all that. Proper pageantry. Always feels a bit night of the proms here when we try.

Loving the WCW feels from this promotion at the moment. Old wrestlers on Dark, taping at a theme park, Tony S on comms, Tony K getting shitty on the modern equivalent of the old AOL webchats, random match-ups between megastars and fly-ins. Get Rampage moved to Saturday nights at 6 and we're in business.

15 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Hmmm WWE moves to Fox’s sports channel and gets an extra half hour for SD so AEW decides to have a pre show for their secondary show, something they haven’t previously in it’s short history, and throw a dream match in Danielson/Suzuki on it

Yep we’re full on back in 97/98 with the oneupmanship now aren’t we?

I'd been a bit confused by this "Buy-In" chat - to be honest I'd thought it was the theme for the whole Rampage show, until I read your comment; with Rampage effectively being the "Buy-In" for Dynamite the day following. I've no idea how to even watch this, are they airing it online, or on television?

I have to admit, overall, I wish Rampage would just go away. I don't hate it, but I feel like I hardly have time to watch it, and that I'm just watching it in case I miss something important, but most shows end up feeling inconsequential. I don't look forward to it in the same way that I do Dynamite. 

• Paid Members
Just now, RedRooster said:

I'd been a bit confused by this "Buy-In" chat - to be honest I'd thought it was the theme for the whole Rampage show, until I read your comment; with Rampage effectively being the "Buy-In" for Dynamite the day following. I've no idea how to even watch this, are they airing it online, or on television?

It's on YouTube. WWE have extended Smackdown to try and void their FS2 show getting harmed by Rampage. AEW have stuck a show on YouTube to try and pick at some potential Smackdown viewers. All a bit pathetic IMO but WWE fans get a big match with no ads and AEW fans get Danielson vs. Suzuki so who is to complain?

Rampage is a good watch on a Saturday morning. I've skipped a couple but I generally watch and enjoy it.