AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I feel like AEW have maybe burnt out Florida. It seemed like there was quite a small crowd in that building. That they chose not to light it up that much confirms that I guess. It didn't sound great. 

Taz is a revelation on commentary. Man is great. I particularly liked when he just burst out singing along with Ruby Soho's theme. 

I liked Bryan and Suzuki. Thought it was unique, for an American promotion in this day and age. I actually thought they were going to go close to the thirty, with the last two minutes of the match rolling into the start of Rampage itself. 

14 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I feel like AEW have maybe burnt out Florida. It seemed like there was quite a small crowd in that building. That they chose not to light it up that much confirms that I guess. It didn't sound great. 

Do you realise how big Florida is? Its 340 miles away from where they ran during lockdown.
Crowd was smaller tho and in a small building , from the tickets twitter they did 2500 outta 3600 and looking to do similar tonight 

Edited by Louch

10 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

It's a fairly small building. As a theater the capacity is around 4,500. When you then add a ring etc it'd be less than 4,000 for wrestling. For Road Rager they seemed to have a bit more backlighting but not much, and with it being purple more to fit in with the the theme.

This was when they ran it last for Road Rager

And this was this week

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Louch said:

Do you realise how big Florida is? Its 340 miles away from where they ran during lockdown.
Crowd was smaller tho and in a small building , from the tickets twitter they did 2500 outta 3600 and looking to do similar tonight 

Yeah, well aware of how large it is. And how willingly Americans drive what we view as long distances, that they see as only down the road. 

Considering the crowds they have been drawing recently in other markets, 2500 is small for such a big city. 

The West Coast is ripe for the pickings. That they have managed to go so long without doing a show there is some going, and AEW should do very well when they head there. 

I've been hearing that Miami ticket sales were not so good for weeks now, so it's not wrong to say they maybe aren't so strong in Florida as they are in other markets. As I said further up in this thread, I actually went into Rampage wondering how good or otherwise the atmosphere would be with slow ticket sales but, despite the relatively smaller crowd they were really hot, so I suppose I disagree with you just on them not sounding great.

Edited by 69MeDon

Spending my Saturday night catching up on the buy-in via YouTube. Suzuki Bryan is something different... I like it and I love how it demonstrates Bryan's versatility and ability to mix styles. 

Compared to 5 minutes of Brock, this free show shits on WWE.

Just good wrestling.

This might be the bottle of wine speaking but I’m surprised to see so much negativity surrounding the Soho/Bunny match.

I mean, it wasn’t particularly memorable, I get it. Still, it was probably Bunny’s best match since… forever? Or at least since joining AEW. Nothing spectacular but solid and I rather enjoyed it, which is more than I can say for most of her stuff 🤷‍♂️

LOVED Danielson vs Suzuki, that was just fucking great!