AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You keep mentioning business which is fair enough, but this isn’t Khans main business interest. It’s his hobby. He doesn’t expect to make money on this for a few years at least. His other businesses and family wealth make the money that allows AEW to exist. Someone pissing off for a month won’t affect the balance sheet. 

If he wanted a hobby he’d be running shows in armoires with old ecw guys he grew up on . This isn’t treated like a hobby in the slightest by him, it’s a proper business venture. It runs off its own tv revenue now, he’s not getting pocket money to pay the wrestlers via PayPal the Monday after shows. 

10 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Quite. I also think Khan would be fapping like billy-o along with the rest of the New Japan fans at the idea of Daniel Bryan in the G1.  

G1 is on just now and the new Japan thread moves about once a fortnight. It’s days of being a big thing have passed. I’m sure coachTonyK would get a bigger thrill over seeing him face the stars he’s making   Now. 

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Why would he do that when he can afford to do what he's doing now?

Cause aew ain’t a hobby. It’s a business .

30 minutes ago, Louch said:

. It runs off its own tv revenue now

Which has been invested in the video game side of things. The wrestling side isn’t profitable yet but no startup ever is right off the bat. It’s on incredibly solid ground thanks to Tones deep pockets. He’s having the time of his life living out his teenage fantasy and all the best to him.  He’s helped make last generation wrestling fans love wrestling again and fair fucks to him. 

• Paid Members

It's a year away. We don't know what the landscape of AEW will look like by then. There could be so many others on the roster such as Kevin Steen, Generico, Kyle O'Reilly that they could let Danielson have a crack in the G1 if everything lined up right. 

I do wonder whether he'd be physically up to the schedule of it, as it's not like a month of slumming it on the house show loop. It'd be matches probably like the one he had against Suzuki every 2-3 days over a month. It could be demanding. 

On this whole Danielson and the G1 issue. It's a 6 week run of TV in between PPVs and when there's  a lull in TV since its summertime. It's also going to be a one time thing for him. It's not going break AEW's business model to allow it to happen.

By summer 2022/23 it'd be easy enough for someone like MJF to send him off to the G1 with a beatdown that can be milked on TV for weeks. Then have Danielson return to set up a match at All Out and there's going to be nothing lost.

• Paid Members

Suzuki hardly ever bumps - he does a lot of staggering backwards and dropping to one knee, or rolling on to his back, but it's rarely you'll see him take more than one or two straight back bumps in a match. One of the smartest workers out there, in that respect, and allows him to continue working to a high standard after 30+ years.

KEY DEMO KLAXON:

Apparently, Smackdown and Rampage this past Friday did an identical rating in the 18-49 demo...

Now I don't know who to tweet about saying they're in the mud.

Edit: AEW beat Smackdown in males 18-49.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of WWE picking fights that blow up in their face. It’s a better cathartic babyface victory than anything WWE have booked themselves in years.

Thoughts and prayers to those poor bastard writers who are having their Raw script tore up right now.

EDIT: LOL. You love to see it.

Edited by Supremo

AEW tied Smackdown in the 18-49 demo (0.24) and the 18-34 male demo (0.20) while scoring a narrow victory in the 18-49 demo (0.34 to 0.32).  In the 30 minute overlap, AEW actually defeated WWE Smackdown by about 15 percent in the most coveted 18-49 demo – 328,000 to 285,000.

Source: PWTorch.

That's crazy that they actually beat Smackdown head to head in the key demo.

Edited by 69MeDon