AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

"If you're watching TV and not watching this on YouTube you are a dumbass." I absolutely bloody love Taz so much.

I was massively unimpressed and underwhelmed by Suzuki in his first 2 AEW matches but absolutely loved his match with Danielson. If this is what he's usually like then I can see the appeal now. Wouldn't want to see a match like this too often but really enjoyed it here.

mid card Punk isn’t what I expected. As much as I enjoy his work, it’s not him at 100% yet. Wonder if he’s waiting for post the ppv to get something substantial going 

I don’t get ruby soho at all, she doesn’t seem to be much better than anyone they had. I guess her look hits a demographic, but in ring it’s bang average 

inner circle and ATT feels dragged out. Least Jericho’s cruise is coming up so we get a break from him. 

• Paid Members

I loved Punk vs Sydal. Punk wrestles very different to everyone else right now and I love it. He's not doing anything really unique or flashy, he's just doing the basics but extremely well which in this day and age is very rare and stands out. Strong Bret Hart vibes.

I don't like Ruby Soho but I've never really liked anyone with the punk rocker gimmick because 99% of punk rockers come across as phony. Ruby is no different and she's nothing particularly special in the ring.

The 6 man was an absolute blast and the molten crowd really added so much to it. Just non stop fun.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

"If you're watching TV and not watching this on YouTube you are a dumbass." I absolutely bloody love Taz so much.

I was massively unimpressed and underwhelmed by Suzuki in his first 2 AEW matches but absolutely loved his match with Danielson. If this is what he's usually like then I can see the appeal now. Wouldn't want to see a match like this too often but really enjoyed it here.

Taz has definitely come into his own again on commentary. I always enjoyed him in WWE but again the freedom they seem to have certainly brings a more appropriate perspective/commentary style. 

Watched Suzuki/Danielson just there and I was pleasantly surprised. It's nowhere near match of the year as some newz sites are suggesting but it was really good. Different yes which is why it was so good. Seeing it every week would water it down. It was hard hitting when it had to be, technical when it had to be and overall really good psychology. Brilliant to see such a match in 2021. 

• Paid Members

Ruby has always come across as being hyped more because she's well liked backstage rather than being better than anyone in the ring and seemed to get the old 'shes being held down by the machine' treatment from fans. It's not surprising to see that she's all look and no substance. 

I am really surprised at how much I am enjoying Punk, I have never been a Punk fan and didn't understand the hype, however the guy is having the time of his life and it comes across when I watch him that I feel like I'm having a good time. That's all I want from wrestling.

Danielson vs Suzuki was great on the buy-in. The crowd were great in the spots you'd want them to be great - during the Punk match, and the main event. I was a little concerned that the Miami crowd might not be great given the poor ticket sales.

Really good week for Rampage.

One thing that keeps occuring to me: what is going on with Santana and Ortiz as members of the Inner Circle? The three of them were getting beat down forever before those two came out to save. There was a previous beat-down where they didn't even turn up too.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chili said:

There were some shots thrown in that Danielson / Suzuki gentlemens agreement to kick the shit out of other that made me wince, the sound of some of those forearm shots were wild. 

Yeah the one that cut Bryan on his cheek was brutal. Very well worked match though although couldn't watch it every match. Awesome to see what folk can do with a bit (a lot) of creative freedom.

Finally got caught up on last weeks episode and last nights. The previous episode was OK but didn’t have anything I’ll ever watch again.

Skipped Garrett/Conti and Moriarty/Fish because neither interested me.
Suzuki v Bryan was great stuff. I get that it might not be everyone’s liking, but the fact that it even happened is amazing. There’s no way you could picture it ever happening again even as recently as the beginning of this year, and this was easily Suzuki’s best match of this AEW run.

Punk/Sydal was really enjoyable, which when you think how long both guys have been around and them both working the coming up working the circuit together you would expect nothing less. It’s good to see Punk (and his thighs) not just being a guy on a big fat special attraction contract, this is a new run for him. 
I do wonder what they’ve got planned for him either at or after Full Gear though. He doesn’t seem to locked into a feud with anyone in particular right now which makes me think he might be sitting it out, but there’s still 4 weeks to go till the PPV. Having said that he’ll either be announced for the Eliminator Tournament tonight or they’re doing a short to build to what TK supposedly had scribbled on a notepad a few days back

Ruby Soho can have decent enough matches, but never anything that would be considered spectacular. She’s not that good on the mic, as seen the other week with in that segment with Britt Baker, and you wonder whether or not it might’ve been better to debut her when they move to TBS and introduce the second women’s belt

The 6 Man Tag was perfectly acceptable TV fare and JDS did fine in his parts of the match. Shame they missed Sammy’s high spot that got a holy shit chant, and is it just or did they not seem to have that much space between the ring and the guardrails this week?

1 hour ago, Chili said:

There were some shots thrown in that Danielson / Suzuki gentlemens agreement to kick the shit out of other that made me wince, the sound of some of those forearm shots were wild. 

Haven't seen this match yet, but I never know whether Suzuki is always laying them in or if he's just so good  and feels so legitimate, that you're fooled by them. 

If its the latter he's one of the best ever. If it's the former he's spent quite a few years getting over by clobbering people and taking hardly any bumps.