AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

I like small things like shows getting names different from the norm. Call it a pre show and you see it as less than. Buy In has more positivity to it. Small thing, but adds importanceĀ 

16 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Itā€™s one of only two matches on an hour long slot, it could easily go 20+ minutesā€¦

Iā€™m getting pretty excited about this one.

Actually playing Suzuki's full entrance theme would be a start.Ā 

• Paid Members

As funny as it is that we live in a world where someone can randomly sign a Danielson vs. Suzuki match for a petty, tit-for-tat YouTube show, surely theyā€™re missing the big picture here. If you really want to compete with Smackdown then blow your load and announce Hangman is going to call out Omega on Friday. Thatā€™s the money.

19 hours ago, Nick James said:

How long before Tony goes full stereotypical wrestling promoter? By that I mean the ego, the attitude and paranoia (The full Vince, if you will). He already seems a lot different to even a year ago and the stress of a full company on your shoulders, along with the universal praise he gets will get even the strongest. Not many genuine folk with good intentions remain that way in the scummy world of professional wrestling.

Fulham fans are hoping itā€™s sooner rather than later, heā€™s fucking awful.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Fulham fans are hoping itā€™s sooner rather than later, heā€™s fucking awful.Ā 

Maybe Vince should get Scott Parker to show up on Raw to cut a promo, tip Tony fully over the edge.

8 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Maybe Vince should get Scott Parker to show up on Raw to cut a promo, tip Tony fully over the edge.

Keith Allen and Richard Osman rocking up in a tank. It must fuck them off, theyā€™re right in the shit and their owner is poncing around like a nerdy berk with play fighting. Games gone lads.Ā 

46 minutes ago, Supremo said:

As funny as it is that we live in a world where someone can randomly sign a Danielson vs. Suzuki match for a petty, tit-for-tat YouTube show, surely theyā€™re missing the big picture here. If you really want to compete with Smackdown then blow your load and announce Hangman is going to call out Omega on Friday. Thatā€™s the money.

He seemed to confirm in that Barstool interview that Omega/Hangman is for sure the Full Gear main event, if there were any doubt about that still.

I love Big Bicep Tony. The only way AEW ā€œloseā€ this head to head is if they get absolutely trounced, which I donā€™t see happening.

If AEW win in even a single demographic, they have bragging rights on account of being David in this vs Goliath situation, surely?Ā 
Ā 

It seems like a stupid move in Vinceā€™s part. What exactly will it prove if the biggest wrestling company in the world, with a bigger budget, media presence and a 30 year head start beats the newcomer?Ā 
The alternative leaves Vince with egg on his face and for what? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I love Big Bicep Tony. The only way AEW ā€œloseā€ this head to head is if they get absolutely trounced, which I donā€™t see happening.

If AEW win in even a single demographic, they have bragging rights on account of being David in this vs Goliath situation, surely?Ā 
Ā 

It seems like a stupid move in Vinceā€™s part. What exactly will it prove if the biggest wrestling company in the world, with a bigger budget, media presence and a 30 year head start beats the newcomer?Ā 
The alternative leaves Vince with egg on his face and for what? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

The last couple of times Smackdown was on FS1 they got .25 & .27 in the 18-49 demo.

Rampage has gone 0.31, 0.53, 0.34, .031, 0.27, 0.28, 0.32/0.25 (Grand Slam), 0.25, 0.17. So I can see why the WWE have done what they've done. The best defense is a good offense after all. They've got to justify their TV deals for the next go round and keep their shareholders happy.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I presume its ratings jargon, but what the hell are 'fast nationals' and how does that differ to normal ratings? A pleb like me doesn't understand what that tweet even means.

It's a quicker rating that they get early. You'll always see a Smackdown rating on a Saturday that then changes, usually for the better, on a Monday when the full rating comes in. I presume AEW don't release this inaccurate rating but the accusation is that WWE are leaking it to make them look worse in the immediate headlines.