AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

6 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Santana Garrett vs Tay Conti has been added to tonight’s Buy In show, makes you wonder why they didn’t just do a 2 hour edition of Rampage anyway as between both hours, it’s a solid 6 match card

Why are they calling this a "Buy In"  when it's not even a preshow to a PPV?

17 minutes ago, Perry said:

Why are they calling this a "Buy In"  when it's not even a preshow to a PPV?

It’s still a pre show to watch something. This time a tv show. 

1 hour ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Not sure where to post this but it seems as though Roman Reigns has gone in hard on AEW this afternoon:

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1449024453782933504?t=9b0XTzVNojHkCxrCnWbV7Q&s=19

Incredible comments on CM Punk as well. It makes me want THAT "forbidden door" to open. 

That’ll really show known Clubbing culture enthusiast CM Punk. We are now in the McDonald’s talking about Burger King era. 

Just now, HarmonicGenerator said:

Will the Buy In tonight be put on Fite or is it just YouTube?

If it’s the latter I’m envisioning going into YouTube to watch the Buy In before Rampage and getting Rampage itself spoiled for me by the helpful YouTube homepage suggestions.

I haven't checked myself but somebody else said Fite has the two hours listed.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Not sure where to post this but it seems as though Roman Reigns has gone in hard on AEW this afternoon:

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1449024453782933504?t=9b0XTzVNojHkCxrCnWbV7Q&s=19

Incredible comments on CM Punk as well. It makes me want THAT "forbidden door" to open. 

Good stuff from Roman. Don't blame him for looking outside WWE for a fight, not like there's one to be found on Raw or Smackers.

As probably expected, Danielson v Suzuki was a bunch of fun! I've only seen Suzuki in AEW and wasn't too fussed about his matches thus far, but this one was given time to breathe. I haven't watched too many old-school Japanese matches either, but just enough to "get" the tone of this one, and of course the audience being into everything really helped too. Good stuff!

• Paid Members

Danielson and Suzuki (free on YouTube btw) sure was different. Not really for me, if I'm honest, but still a pretty surprising thing to see after the past decade or so of watching D-Bry in WWE. Felt more like one for him rather than us but that crowd loved it so fair play to them.

Punk and Sydal was a great bit of business. The promo vid at the end of the buy-in was superb and they delivered a great little match.

Should have just gone with a short, strong win for Soho. Anything with The Bunny going 5-10 mins is death.

The six man was loads of fun. They kept Dos Santos's involvement to short bursts doing stuff he could do and he looked decent doing it. He did fall over doing a kick like every MMA guy seems to do. There's a knack to wrestling that's really under-rated and its always obvious when you see these athletes come in and struggle with the balance. Good stuff overall. Jericho seemed legit pissed during the beatdown, like that Austin fella had laid them in on him.

Paige VanZant is the hottest thing in pro-wrestling. Build the promotion around her.