AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

You're a shit hype man.

With all the good will they've built up with a consistently good Dynamite and other shows that are incredibly easy to watch, Rampage feels like a show everyone really needs to tune in to - especially for the first few weeks.

e79ddd44781b8f2bb870e2c3c0330f4f.jpeg?v=

4 seems a bit crowded but hopefully it'll work. Would be alright with them dropping Henry eventually although he does look the most excited he's been since he slept with Mae Young.

baker_0.jpeg

Britt Baker vs Red Velvet confirmed for the first episode. Baker has had an incredible year so hoping this match will be decent and she won't let Tony down.

And then this..

AEW_The_First_Dance.jpg

I mean I'm fully prepared to wee myself with excitement with no shame at all. And probably cry a little.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Given that I'm far from an avid viewer but surely they are at risk of saturation point w their programming? Less is more.

That’s probably exactly what they’re going for though. They’re a new company. They’ll be going for brand awareness. They want people to also think of AEW as well as WWE when someone mentions the word “wrestling” to their friends. So to achieve that they’ll be trying to get their product in front of as many eyes as possible.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Given that I'm far from an avid viewer but surely they are at risk of saturation point w their programming? Less is more.

It's only an extra hour (40 minutes with adverts) on a different night and they've got a huge roster with a significant chunk of it barely able to get regular TV time at the moment. They're absolutely nowhere near saturation point.

So are we thinking that they'll split the Dark and Elevation filming between both tv shows? Seems to make the most sense so there's not one super long recording session a week.

But God yeah, a Punk/Darby showdown of sorts on the Chicago show, I can't wait.

Edited by Merzbow

12 hours ago, Merzbow said:

So are we thinking that they'll split the Dark and Elevation filming between both tv shows? Seems to make the most sense so there's not one super long recording session a week.

But God yeah, a Punk/Darby showdown of sorts on the Chicago show, I can't wait.

They will need to for rampage to sell tickets, as a one hour show will need more around it to get fans along. Although looks like the week in Ohio they are taping Rampage after dynamite so dunno what will happen with dark and elevation that week 

1 hour ago, Louch said:

They will need to for rampage to sell tickets, as a one hour show will need more around it to get fans along. Although looks like the week in Ohio they are taping Rampage after dynamite so dunno what will happen with dark and elevation that week 

I thought some weeks they were taping two episodes of Rampage on one night?

31 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I thought some weeks they were taping two episodes of Rampage on one night?

Can’t see that with dynamite inbetween. Someone could get hurt and blow the taped show apart