AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

2 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Have they said they're using a different set? I know the pandemic forced them into using the same venue for ages but whenever I've watched AEW the set up has virtually always looked the same regardless of whether its a normal episode, a special or a PPV. 

I hope they do have a slightly different set for Rampage just to differentiate it from Dynamite.

The PPV sets Pre-pandemic tended to be decorated differently but they’ve pretty much alway used the tunnel entrances. Obviously they haven’t run a PPV outside of Jacksonville since last May, but I would imagine that All Out will have something different (assuming that the US hasn’t been locked down again by that time)

• Paid Members

I wonder whether they'll rotate through the announce team. Excalibur is a good idea as an anchor play by play guy, Jericho can be a bit annoying when he's on commentary and in character. Him and Taz could be dreadful, but it could also provide Botchamania with plenty of material. 

Mark Henry can talk. I'm sure he k ows his stuff, or can research it and bring something to the (somewhat crowded) table as well. It could get a bit busy if Callis is out there with the Elite or something though. 

20 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether they'll rotate through the announce team. Excalibur is a good idea as an anchor play by play guy, Jericho can be a bit annoying when he's on commentary and in character. Him and Taz could be dreadful, but it could also provide Botchamania with plenty of material. 

Mark Henry can talk. I'm sure he k ows his stuff, or can research it and bring something to the (somewhat crowded) table as well. It could get a bit busy if Callis is out there with the Elite or something though. 

It’s interesting that you feel that way, as Henry is the only person I’m unsure about, and that’s purely because he’s an unknown quantity as far as announcing goes. Jericho is generally fun at the announce desk, but Taz, for me, has stealthily been the best AEW announcer for some time. His sense of fun, natural with and genuine enthusiasm makes him a joy to watch, for me at least. 

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I hope they do have a slightly different set for Rampage just to differentiate it from Dynamite.

The PPV sets Pre-pandemic tended to be decorated differently but they’ve pretty much alway used the tunnel entrances. Obviously they haven’t run a PPV outside of Jacksonville since last May, but I would imagine that All Out will have something different (assuming that the US hasn’t been locked down again by that time)

From Dynamite's debut to the world going to pot they only had 2 PPV's both of which had their own custom sets although they were not too impressive it was nice to see. Unless some TV execs have stuck their nose in and demanded more of the same then I can't see them going with an identical looking show although that said I would have expected a little more promotion of the fact it will be different. 

8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Sucks for ITV fans, but I gave up watching crappy SD last year to opt for Fite ÂŁ4.99 a month. Now I get an extra show on top. Worth the money for me.

Do you order it through Apple, by any chance? If you're able to pay for it via Roku it's far cheaper (either ÂŁ2.99 or ÂŁ3.99, I can't quite remember from the top of my head).

You can also order it on Roku and still use it on Apple devices. I can't imagine Roku is alone with the cheaper price, so I'd say it's worth shopping around if you can. It's a small saving, but it adds up. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Do you order it through Apple, by any chance? If you're able to pay for it via Roku it's far cheaper (either ÂŁ2.99 or ÂŁ3.99, I can't quite remember from the top of my head).

You can also order it on Roku and still use it on Apple devices. I can't imagine Roku is alone with the cheaper price, so I'd say it's worth shopping around if you can. It's a small saving, but it adds up. 

I did it with fite direct (actually $4.99 so cheaper then £4.99), but didn't know that so I will look around. Thank you. 

Was really tempted to stay up and watch the debut of Rampage, something which I’ve not done for any sort of wrestling for well over a decade, but FITE has listed as starting at 3am, no chance am I staying up for that. Saturday morning with a bowl of Wheetos, just like it used to be

Edited by WyattSheepMask

8 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I love it. Like the days of being excited for Livewire on Sky One, a lovely throwback.

You must've been late to the party with Sky. When you talk about Saturday mornings on Sky One from years back, it was always WWF Mania.