AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Sadly I was - took four years to break my parents to get Sky, and remember we got it in August 97. First show I watched when we got it...was Livewire on Saturday morning.

Saying that, was Superstars on Saturday morning on Sky as well? Have a memory of walking through Birmingham town centre, looking in a TV store and Ludvig Borga caning some jobber with the Superstars banner in the background, but I may have added the banner in my mind...

If Borga was on the show, chances are it would've been WWF Mania that was on. It often showed highlights from Raw, Superstars and Challenge at the time.

• Moderators

I found evidence before of WWF being shown on Sky on a Friday evening before as early as 1984. I assume it was Championship Wrestling. So if anyone from Swindon or wherever watched that they win.

• Paid Members

As a heads up, don't expect to see Hangman on tonight's debut. He is on a planned absence, hence not being on dynamite. I really hope they knock it out of the park. I know it is next weeks episode that we're all itching for, but their ratings on a Friday have been poor for Dynamite. 

They have been lower, but they haven’t been Poor for the times given to them for weekend shows. Networks don’t expect late night on a Friday to match a midweek as people are out 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Louch said:

They have been lower, but they haven’t been Poor for the times given to them for weekend shows. Networks don’t expect late night on a Friday to match a midweek as people are out 

I guess you’re right. And it starts when Smackdown ends which is 10pm and I guess people going out for the night have left by then anyway. Still, will be interesting to see how they do in that slot. That slot used to be a movie slot (certainly when i’ve been out there), so like you say, they probably aren’t expecting Dynamite numbers

• Paid Members

Looking forward to this,  had real WCW feels all week.

Intrigued by the Christian/Kenny match.  Feels like they've booked themselves into a corner so interested to see what they have planned. If it was WWE, I'd expect a non-finish but AEW haven't done them and this would be a very odd place to start. I'm thinking either Hangman screws Kenny, which would work or Kenny wins and they go a different route at All Out but that then throws the PPV into further doubt. Can't see any other satisfactory finish. Time limit draw? Unsatisfactory but makes sense.