AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Although I have no clue who Fuego Del Sol is, outside of Malakai Black kicking his head off, even I got a little emotional at his face when he realised what was going on. Tony Khan had to get in there with the awkward hugs first to show how much of a nice guy he is, though. Sammy could have just come straight out and referenced what Tony agreed.

I think the shame with that, is the Fuego story is very much part of the Dark and Sammy Vlog side of AEW. He’s become an absolute cult hero. You couldn’t explain that journey in a 5 minute video package, which is a shame, but for those in the know, it was an amazing conclusion. That fact it still works without people being in the know of the whole story is great though. 

I’ve decided that if the Young Bucks don’t kick off the show next week coming out to Cult of Personality I’ll be more disappointed then whatever happens with Punk. Would be absolutely top trolling.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Here's that new promo for next week again:

Imagine not having Punk on the show. It's so blatant and completely speculative at the same time. Get a pit in my stomach each time I watch it.  

19 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Miro, I don't know. I'm getting Good Brother vibes from him now. I'm sure he's a cheeky boy in real life with plenty to love, but he's getting more generic by the week for me in AEW. I have no interest in anything he's doing. 

Woah woah woah. Come on now. I think we can all agree that it took them a while to work out what they were doing with Miro but he's been exceptional as the TNT champ and really hit his stride. He does not deserve Good Brother comparisons. Poor guy.

19 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Miro, I don't know. I'm getting Good Brother vibes from him now. I'm sure he's a cheeky boy in real life with plenty to love, but he's getting more generic by the week for me in AEW. I have no interest in anything he's doing. 

I’d be interested to know if there’s anyone outside of you who isn’t enjoying Miro right now. For me, he’s not only the best thing going in AEW, he’s the best thing going in wrestling. He’s a real advert for less is more. His brief promos and matches really leave me feeling like I don’t see enough of him.

• Paid Members

Assuming Omega loses the AAA title to Andrade tonight, whilst it’s not the story I would have told, there’s some nice irony to the idea that Hangman ends up being the final nail in Omega’s coffin. The man who had it all and revelled in Hangman’s misery and failures, it’d be nice if Page returns to take that final, most treasured belt from Kenny.

5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Woah woah woah. Come on now. I think we can all agree that it took them a while to work out what they were doing with Miro but he's been exceptional as the TNT champ and really hit his stride. He does not deserve Good Brother comparisons. Poor guy.

5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’d be interested to know if there’s anyone outside of you who isn’t enjoying Miro right now. For me, he’s not only the best thing going in AEW, he’s the best thing going in wrestling. He’s a real advert for less is more. His brief promos and matches really leave me feeling like I don’t see enough of him.

Heh, I can't put my finger on it you know. Maybe I should be paying more attention to the guy, but of all the stuff in AEW he has the biggest TNA vibe about him. A future endeavours who gets safe refuge in the closest competition and suddenly has that "He can express himself more now!" press even though I'm seeing the same guy. I don't get any increase in intrigue or star power that I didn't get from him doing Russo Day in WWE, though he's obviously going to be better booked. 

• Paid Members

Does it not also cheapen Page's moment that Omega has potentially been beaten twice before Page finally gets his win? It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow turned it into a triple threat and have him win the belt without even pinning the champion at this point. Are these rumoured injuries to Kenny worse than people had been thinking and he needs to go sooner rather than later? Presumably this also means whoever won the Battle Royal on Impact this week wrestles Christian at Emergence next Friday. Are they giving him a caretaker run and sticking it back on a regular Impact guy next week? 

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Assuming Omega loses the AAA title to Andrade tonight, whilst it’s not the story I would have told, there’s some nice irony to the idea that Hangman ends up being the final nail in Omega’s coffin. The man who had it all and revelled in Hangman’s misery and failures, it’d be nice if Page returns to take that final, most treasured belt from Kenny.

This is what I was thinking too. If Page had beaten him like everyone was expecting him to, Omega still would have had a couple more belts so for him, it's not too bad. But for Hangman to return to take away the final belt and leave him with nothing at all would be an even bigger kick in the teeth to Omega.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I love Miro but I think I preferred him as the psychotic Eastern European gangster in his ridiculous Gucci outfits than as The Redeemer. Still great though. Needs a proper feud though. Eddie Kingston would be perfect. 

9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Does it not also cheapen Page's moment that Omega has potentially been beaten twice before Page finally gets his win?

Initially I thought that, but an angry, desperate Kenny could be a lot of fun, especially if he turns violent before facing Page, perhaps having a few brutal wins over other challengers.

34 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Here's that new promo for next week again:

Imagine not having Punk on the show. It's so blatant and completely speculative at the same time. Get a pit in my stomach each time I watch it.  

I actually think now I would have more fun watching/reading the reactions if Punk wasn’t on the show more than I would if he was on the show. 

Fumeageddon all over the shop. 

Edited by Mr Kennedy

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Initially I thought that, but an angry, desperate Kenny could be a lot of fun, especially if he turns violent before facing Page, perhaps having a few brutal wins over other challengers.

But an already beaten Kenny, that we know can be beaten because he's already lost to two, let's be honest here, upper midcard guys isn't the same as the seemingly unbeatable "God of pro wrestling best bout machine" Kenny Omega. I understand them writing Page off of TV for his paternity, but also can't help feeling they're shooting themselves in the foot with this hotshot stuff. Hopefully they can rescue it, though. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I love the idea of Omega becoming increasingly desperate as he loses his other championships, and starts blaming everyone but himself - he can very plausibly blame Don and the Bucks for last night, after all. He gets rattled and unhinged because he invested so much of his identity into being The Belt Collector, so he gets even more vicious and heelish to cling to the AEW title. Sets him up for a newly confident and refreshed Hangman to come in and be cool, calm and collected by comparison, and take the final title for him. And if Kenny's working hurt - and last night's match adds to my feeling that he is - he can take some well-earned time off after that.