AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

For Guy who’s never been on main tv to get that reaction and chant shows the power of the blogs and YouTube on the audience 

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

So I'm fair new to AEW (I've avoided wrestling for a while), but I thought Jericho was a face? His colour commentary was very heelish. And while I enjoyed the match the heel/face dynamic of the main event was all over the shop - I wasn't sure who they wanted me to cheer or boo.

There really is no need for all the screaming, it detracts so much from what's going on in the ring. I'm not one that gets too worked up over commentary, even Josh Matthews on Impact didn't annoy me enough to stop watching, but Jericho would be enough to drive me close.

On a point no one else will agree with me on, there was really no need to trash the Impact world title so much. I don't think they missed a single opportunity to drive home how the 'Impact title' (never Impact world title) was several rungs below the AEW version. Once was enough, but it must have been mentioned half a dozen times.

You don't need to wax lyrical about it but either a championship's good enough to drive a rating or it isn't, it doesn't really work both ways.

3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

There really is no need for all the screaming, it detracts so much from what's going on in the ring. I'm not one that gets too worked up over commentary, even Josh Matthews on Impact didn't annoy me enough to stop watching, but Jericho would be enough to drive me close.

On a point no one else will agree with me on, there was really no need to trash the Impact world title so much. I don't think they missed a single opportunity to drive home how the 'Impact title' (never Impact world title) was several rungs below the AEW version. Once was enough, but it must have been mentioned half a dozen times.

You don't need to wax lyrical about it but either a championship's good enough to drive a rating or it isn't, it doesn't really work both ways.

Jericho does a classic commentary mistake. He starts too high, so he has nowhere to go until he starts screaming at a pitch only dogs can hear.

Like if you lose your shit over a hip toss or a wristlock, good luck when they start busting out double springboard top rope fire thunder drivers through a flaming table (or when Christian wins the championship).

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I have a passing interest in what's going to happen Friday night so I'm going to do a 7 day Fite free pass... is this a sign?

image.png.5064b83e65b87e334852d23ff231a35e.png

I would say are you on a VPN? But it looks like its an issue their end. New one on me though, not seen that before.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Think I'm going to stay up for it, too. There's two ways of watching it, one's better than the other, and it's never happening again. WrestleMania I'd watch live, but the last time I done it consistently for TV was probably when Raw had a mad spell of anything happening in 2011, which was also attributable to the scrawny wee fella. He's never been my favourite wrestler, but he is right now. Bandwagoning the shit out of it, gleefully. 

I don’t think I’ve seen wrestling fans this excited since Boots did a two for one on Lynx Africa. Seriously though, I can’t remember the last time there was such enthusiasm and excitement about what might happen. Isn’t it lovely?

I honestly can’t wait for tonight.

The anticipation has built for the whole show, the crowd have chanted his name,  others have alluded to his presence. Dasha (seen as Justin Roberts has disappeared) takes her spot in the centre of the ring. “Ladies & Gentleman, please welcome, from Chicago, Illinois”

The lights cut out, a momentary roar of anticipation erupts from the crowd before they then settle down, and in the distance you hear the familiar battle cry...

”...AND YOUR TSHIRTS ARE TOO TIGHT TOO BILLY!”

The Total Package is #AllElite

Edited by WyattSheepMask