AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

I’d be amazed if they showed their knickers this early. 

I’d love to see him in a match, sure, but it feels like this is something you string out for the hour and then get that big explosion at the end.

They can have their cake and eat it too, because whatever he does after the TV stops rolling will be on YouTube by the morning anyway. So they can have the TV Cliff hanger for anyone not engaged with wrestling social media, whilst also given us weirdos a bit extra.

I reckon you could milk this for as long as you want. Tonight is the appearance, Dynamite next week is ‘CM PUNK TALKS’, and then it’s ‘CM PUNK IN A TAG MATCH’ etc etc

• Paid Members

I didn’t think there could be a worse suggestion than MJF coming out to Cult of Personality but having Punk actually wrestle on tonight’s show might have it beat. Unbelievable.

Just hit his music immediately. “It’s Friday night, you know what that means,” dramatic pause, and then boom. At a push, I’d have him maybe ask Darby Allin or Colt Cabana to meet him back in the ring at the end of the show, to keep the audience, but otherwise I’d send him out straight away. It’s the biggest buzz I’ve felt for anything in pro-wrestling in at least a decade. Don’t fuck about. Just pull the trigger.

Edited by Supremo

35 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I didn’t think there could be a worse suggestion than MJF coming out to Cult of Personality but having Punk actually wrestle on tonight’s show might have it beat. Unbelievable.

I don’t know, I’ve seen some interpretations of Tony Khan’s comments to mean there’s more than just Punk’s debut, and the second one is Brock Lesnar 😆

Darby wins his match, turns on Sting (big swerve) then during the beat down a lone figure appears from the crowd in a hoodie and jumps the barrier and takes down Darby. Everyone knows its Punk, but it's not revealed until All Out when the 'hidden man' is revealed to be Punk and he goes at it with a heel Darby. Darby then cuts a promo after losing and basically admits he had been a dick but he just wanted a match with Punk. Sting appears and Darby apologises and they make up in the ring and the classic 'arms in the air' pose with Darby, Sting and Punk in the ring together. There's your big moment and a few weeks TV build to the PPV 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Darby wins his match, turns on Sting (big swerve) then during the beat down a lone figure appears from the crowd in a hoodie and jumps the barrier and takes down Darby. Everyone knows its Punk, but it's not revealed until All Out when the 'hidden man' is revealed to be Punk and he goes at it with a heel Darby. Darby then cuts a promo after losing and basically admits he had been a dick but he just wanted a match with Punk. Sting appears and Darby apologises and they make up in the ring and the classic 'arms in the air' pose with Darby, Sting and Punk in the ring together. There's your big moment and a few weeks TV build to the PPV 

Good lord, sorry mate that would be the absolute worst way to do it. Everyone would absolutely hate all of that.

Aside from the Jericho death match thing a few weeks ago while I was feeding my (now) six week old son i haven't watched any wrestling since MITB last year but all the talk on here and Twitter has convinced me to sign up for Fite, im watching Dynamite from Wednesday now and already excited. 3am is it? 

I have no idea what's been going on storyline wise and don't know any of the people that aren't from WWE but they've got me tonight

I think just a bit of build (though understand Supe’s desire to cut the shit entirely and start the show with it), bait and switch with Kenny coming out for Darby’s challenge (would Kenny Omega really let someone else claim to be ‘best in the world’ unchallenged?) and then hit the music we’re all waiting to hear, out he pops to chase off the baddies. 

That does it, right? That’s simple enough with all the key moments un-bastardised? It needs music and a ramp entrance right?

1 minute ago, Mr Kennedy said:

I don’t know what it is exactly I want from tonight but I really hope it’s not just Punk beating off the baddies and posing with the babyfaces to close the show. 

I know AEW can sometimes be a little edgy but...