AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

14 minutes ago, Rob Lowe said:

Not sure starting the show with it was the best idea. Good chunk of Punk fans have probably switched straight off.

It was probably the smartest way to do it.

The fans chanting for him throughout the night would’ve likely derailed what else would’ve came before it. 

Give the fans what they want/expect, and then they can get to the rest of the card too.

Here in Aus, we're in lockdown for at least another month plus. Gives me just enough time to watch back the first 20 minutes of Rampage again and again and again.

I like CM Punk a lot and was looking forward to all of this, but he wasn't my favourite wrestler or anything. But dammit, everything about this was sublime. I got teary when Punk literally launched himself into the crowd. His happiness and emotion, as well as that of the crowd, really got to me.

• Paid Members

I've just come home from work to see that and just wow. They had to do it at the start of the show, there's no way you can have an hour of fans getting frustrated but Jesus for all the "when he goes back to WWE imagine the scenes" there's been over the years, that's blown it out the water for me. 

SummerSlam is gonna be full of Punk chants tomorrow isn't it?

3 hours ago, Rob Lowe said:

Not sure starting the show with it was the best idea. Good chunk of Punk fans have probably switched straight off.

Punk fans are wrestling fans, doubt many are gonna watch those crowd reactions and decide to switch over than see what else the show has 

• Paid Members

That was fine. Totally fine. Great pop and a really nice moment. I'm not a huge Punk fan, and I didn't love the promo but the crowd made that a brilliant moment. 

I don't see Punk necessarily being the game changer that others seem to think he is, but the cumulative effect with Bryan, Christian, as well as the existing roster gaining momentum every week could certainly make a difference.

Edited by mim731