AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The promo did what it needed to do. He was sincere, I love that he didn't mention WWE and said he'd been away from pro wrestling for 16 years.

I dont believe that HE believes that for a second, but that bit annoyed all the right people so I love it. He knew exactly what he was doing with it. Top shithousing. 

58 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is Punk returning the final 'massive' moment we had left? I know that probably sounds dramatic but with so many returning from injuries over the years etc, I do wonder if this is the last one we were really waiting for.

Undoubtedly there'll be plenty of enjoyable and big moments in years to come but this really felt like the final one so many had been holding out on.

I can't think of anything in that league that we're now waiting for. Austin maybe but I don't feel like that's something anyone really expects is ever possible as he seems more than happy to sit out.

Rock coming back is the only thing I can think of, and as big as that might feel it’s not even going to get close to CM Punk returning after 7 years in front of a Chicago crowd.

1 minute ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Rock coming back is the only thing I can think of, and as big as that might feel it’s not even going to get close to CM Punk returning after 7 years in front of a Chicago crowd.

Bryan Danielson’s debut in AEW has the best shout .

That was one of the all time great moments, executed perfectly. At 40 years old, I think I'm now more engaged in wrestling than I was even as a teenager. Tony Khan, you are a legend!

A couple of weeks ago someone asked me if I'd picked out the match I'd introduce my son to wrestling with, when he's old enough to watch.....I've got one in mind, it just hasn't happened yet - but it will probably be CM Punk vs Kenny Omega for the AEW title, headlining a PPV - which I suspect will be the Revolution PPV 2022 back at the Wintrust Arena back in Chicago. What a dream match!

AEW is everything I hoped it would be and more. I say Dynamite beats Raw in the ratings inside of 12 months......or at least gets close. For what they are paying Punk, they must expect him to bring in at least 200-400k more fans per week. Then you add Bryan Danielson into the mix, they must surely expect another bump. 

Adam Cole next to jump? I hope so.

What an era.....