AEW Friday Night Rampage

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

They should just book whatever arena it was that time they tried to do that angle with Cena and Orton but couldn’t do it because everyone was chanting for Bryan.

I almost feel bad for anyone cynical enough to take the piss out of fans crying on last night’s show. Catch up, lads. We’re past all that shit now. There’s no need to hate watch or take the piss out of fellow fans anymore. We’ve got a new show ran by wrestling dorks for wrestling dorks and we’re all just having the best time.

I'd be up for a heel Moxley vs Punk. He's feeling a little more unhinged lately. I know it's been done before turning on the fans etc but if you were going to turn Mox heel then it'd work so well against the shiny new toy.

As others have said, I wouldn't be against a heel Danielson either. He's so good either way that he could easily have everyone hating him after that initial pop. I'd be happy with whatever he did.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I almost feel bad for anyone cynical enough to take the piss out of fans crying on last night’s show.

I hope fans understand this and apply it to shows they mock, like Vampire Diaries and stuff like that. 

24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

They should just book whatever arena it was that time they tried to do that angle with Cena and Orton but couldn’t do it because everyone was chanting for Bryan.

I almost feel bad for anyone cynical enough to take the piss out of fans crying on last night’s show. Catch up, lads. We’re past all that shit now. There’s no need to hate watch or take the piss out of fellow fans anymore. We’ve got a new show ran by wrestling dorks for wrestling dorks and we’re all just having the best time.

We need to remember that none of us were born wrestling dorks though. We were just kids, kids who were shown something fun that felt worth caring about. This feels like a turning point. Millions of people across different platforms just saw that. Hardcore fans saw it, lapsed fans have seen it, the mythical casual fan has seen it and maybe new fans are seeing it.

I fucking hope they have, because over the last two years AEW have been slowly draining out the cynicism and self loathing that WWE made me feel as a wrestling fan and this morning made me fall in love with this shit harder than I have in years.

I'm gonna be beside myself when Final Countdown hits in a few weeks. 

• Paid Members

If I can shamelessly cry at the end of Cool Runnings, I can't see the problem with crying at wrestling. There's no right way to enjoy or not enjoy entertainment, everyone has a different unique perspective. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

once got laughed at in a job interview for confessing that I’d cried twice at Fresh Prince of Bel Air in my life.

Was one that bit where Will breaks down after his dad abandoned him again?